This easy pinto bean salad is a delicious and healthy bean salad recipe made with beans, veggies and a really simple vinaigrette. This is a cold bean salad recipe (or room temperature) and very easy to make. It makes a great meal prep meal for lunches or a great side dish to go along with grilled meat.
About this Bean Salad:
This pinto bean salad is made up of all fresh ingredients chopped small to the same size to match the size of the canned beans. I also do this with my chickpea salad and it really makes the salad taste better when everything is chopped small. For this recipe, I use pinto beans but you can use any beans you love.
This bean salad is healthy, delicious and really easy to make. I love making a big batch of this for my lunch during the week because it only gets better with time.
If you are looking for ideas how to serve this bean salad, you can scroll to the bottom for my recommendations!
- Canned beans. I use pinto beans.
- Green onions
- For the bean salad vinaigrette: Olive Oil,Lemon, Kosher salt and pepper, Sweet paprika (optional)
Notes about the ingredients for this bean salad:
This recipe uses canned beans to make it a quick and easy bean salad. When working with canned beans, always make sure you rinse them well in a fine mesh colander under cold water until the water runs clear. This helps rinse the brine off of them.
I also love pinto beans so those are the beans that I chose to use in this bean salad. If you love another type of bean, use that in the recipe. It will taste amazing either way!
The vegetables I chose for this bean salad are some of my favorites. You can add your own touches to this salad and make it your own as well.
This bean salad can be made ahead of time and actually tastes great after it has had some time to rest because of the light vinaigrette that is added to the beans. You can make this a couple days ahead of time with great results.
The bean salad should be stored in the fridge to keep it fresh but it makes a great picnic recipe since the ingredients will not spoil. I love entertaining with this bean salad as a healthy side dish to go along with my grilled Citrus Chicken Skewers or my Cherry Pork Kabobs.
More Ideas On What To Serve With This Bean Salad:
- Seeded Chicken Schnitzel
- Steak Tips With Rojo Chimichurri
- Juicy Pork Chops
- Chorizo and Pork Burger
- Delicious Blackened Chicken
Delicious Bean Salad (Super Easy Recipe!)
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 6 campari tomatoes or 6 medium sized tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 15 ounce canned pinto beans rinsed
- 1 cucumber seeds removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 large avocado cut into small pieces
- ½ bunch of green onions about 3 of them and cut into small pieces
- 1 lemon large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Chop all of your vegetables into very small bit sized pieces. I usually aim for about ½ inch in size. Just make sure all the vegetables are about the same size.6 campari tomatoes, 1 cucumber, ½ bunch of green onions, 1 large avocado
- Add your vegetables to a large bowl.
- Rinse your beans under cold water in a fine mesh sieve.15 ounce canned pinto beans
- Add the rinsed beans to the vegetables.
- Squeeze your lemon over the beans and vegetables.1 lemon
- Now add your olive oil, kosher salt, paprika and pepper.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika, ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Toss gently until all the vegetables and beans are coated with the lemon and olive oil.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate covered for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here