If you are looking for an amazing boneless pork chops recipe, this is it! These juicy boneless pork chops are loaded with flavor on the inside and outside and it only involves following a few simple steps. These boneless pork chops are coated with seasoning then seared in a pan and finish baking in the oven until tender and delicious. Gone are the days of dried out meat. These baked juicy pork chops are amazing.
About this juicy boneless pork chops recipe:
Now you may become accustomed to having to make a sauce for boneless pork chops because they either lacked flavor on the inside or because they were too dry. Maybe you just gave up all together on boneless pork chops thinking they just can't be amazing.
This juicy boneless pork chops recipe will change all of that. I will walk you through all the steps to making the most amazing juicy pork chops, from seasoning them the right way to baking them in the oven so they come out juicy and delicious.
All you need to do is a few simple things to treat this cut of meat right.
For this pork chops recipe, you will want to make sure you have an oven proof pan since you will sear the pork chops before finishing them in the oven. I use a cast iron pan for this pork chops recipe but any heavy bottom oven proof pan will work.
- Boneless pork chops between ¾ inches- 1 inch thick.
- Brine solution (water, dried rosemary, brown sugar and salt). More on this below. It is very easy!
- Pork Chop Seasoning. I use a mesquite rub mixture. You can use your favorite seasoning for this recipe or you can buy a mesquite seasoning at the store (easiest) or follow my recipe below to make your own. This can be made ahead of time!
Notes about the ingredients:
To make the these amazing juicy pork chops you will want to follow all the steps in this recipe. You may think you do not have time to let your pork chops sit in brine but it only needs 30 minutes.
The brine for the pork chops can also be made ahead of time so your dinner is not slowed down by this step.
If you made it here and are looking to cook dinner (like right now) without having time for the brine, you should check out our seared pork chops recipe. In my opinion, this juicy boneless pork chops recipe is where you want to be for restaurant quality pork but time limitations are real : )
If you have bone in pork chops then you should check out our grilled pork chops recipe.
Seasoning Boneless Pork Chops
The seasoning for making the best boneless pork chops is also very important. If you only season your pork chops with salt and pepper, you will only taste salt and pepper 🙂
Mesquite flavoring and pork is a match made in heaven, trust me!
How to make the best juicy boneless pork chops:
The first couple of steps in this boneless pork chops recipe is making the brine and adding the pork to the brine for a short time. This is one of the steps to making juicy pork chops.
- Make your brine and let it cool. This is just heating water, salt and spices until the salt dissolves.
- Add your pork chops to the brine and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Add your seasoning to the pork chops. Make sure to season all sides.
- Sear Pork Chops. Add your pork chops to your pre-heated pan (I use cast iron) and sear for 3 minutes a side.
Once the pork chops are done sitting in the brine, they are ready for seasoning and cooking. Make sure you properly pre-heat your pan so you end up with a nice sear on the pork chops before they go into the oven.
- Sear all sides: Make sure your sear all sides including the fat on the outside of your pork chops. You can see how I use the edges of my pan to hold up the chops to do this step.
- Bake in the oven: Once the pork chops are seared on all sides it is ready to be finished off in the oven. This will only take 6 minutes. Not long at all!
Tips for these baked pork chops:
- To save time making this boneless pork chops recipe, you can make the brine the day before and keep it in a covered container in the fridge until you are ready. If you make the brine right before you are ready to use, you will need to cool the brine down. To do this quickly, place your pot of brine inside a large bowl full of ice and water until it becomes cool.
- If you want to save time on making the seasoning, store bought mesquite seasoning will work great. I have used this many times with great results.
- If you are using a cast iron pan to make these pork chops, make sure you pre-heat your pan in the 375 degree oven for at least 10 minutes. Cast iron is slow to pre-heat so pre-heating on the stove can take a while. Once cast iron is pre-heated it keeps its heat better than any other pan. The key is to pre-heat it.
Faqs about cooking boneless pork chops:
Because they really need a brine. Boneless pork chops do not have lots of fat so they will dry out very quickly if cooked for too long. Brining will help that.
Boneless pork chops that are not brined before cooking will tend to be tough. Over cooking will also cause the chops to toughen up.
Pork does not need to be cooked to pure white anymore like it used to be many years ago. Pork only needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Letting the pork rest for a little bit after cooking will help the juices redistribute into the pork making it more juicy.
This juicy boneless pork chops recipe will take care of all of these issues you may have have had when making boneless pork chops. You will fall in love with these tender boneless pork chops after trying this recipe.
What to serve with these Baked Boneless Pork Chops:
- Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes with Cumin
- Turmeric Potatoes
- Fluffy Homemade Yogurt Biscuits
- Cheesy Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
- Charred Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Broccolini
- Southern Green Beans
- Garlic Roasted Green Beans
More Pork Recipes
If you love this boneless pork chop recipe, you may also like these:
More Classics Recipes
If you love these juicy pork chops, you may also enjoy some of these other classic recipes that are sure to impress:
The Best Juicy Boneless Pork Chops
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- cast iron pan or heavy bottom sauté pan that is oven proof
- 4 boneless pork chops about ¾ to 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for pan
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cups kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- black peppercorns (Optional) about ½ tsp
- 1 bay leaf optional
- 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika if you do not have smoked paprika you can use chipotle powder, ancho chili powder or just regular paprika.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Make your Brine
- Add the water, kosher salt, brown sugar, dried rosemary and peppercorns to a small sauce pan over medium heat.4 cups water, ¼ cups kosher salt, 2 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, black peppercorns, 1 bay leaf
- Heat until the salt dissolves.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let cool completely. This step can be done ahead of time.
- Add all of the spices for the seasoning to a small bowl and mix well.1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar, ½ tablespoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon sweet paprika, ½ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Set aside for later.
- Add your cooled brine to a large bowl and place your pork chops in it for 30 minutes.4 boneless pork chops
- While pork chops are brining, place your cast iron pan in the oven to pre-heat for 10 minutes. If you are not using cast iron, you can skip this step.
- After 30 minutes, remove the pork chops from the brine. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Remove your pan from the oven (be careful as the pan will be very hot) and place it on the stove over medium heat. If you are not using cast iron, let your pan pre-heat for a few minutes on the stove.
- Add your seasoning to the pork chops on all sides.
- Add olive oil to your pan.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the pork chops in the pan and sear for 3 minutes per side. Make sure to also get the fat sides of the pork chops.
- Once the pork has been seared on all sides, place the pan into your pre-heated oven and let the pork chops cook for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, remove the pork chops from the oven and place them on to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to rest for about 3-5 minutes. The pork Chops should be 145 degrees when you take them out of the oven.
- Serve the pork chops immediately and make sure to pour any remaining pan juices over the top of them.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here