This easy and quick to make garlic roasted green beans recipe is so delicious and a real crowd pleaser. With just a few ingredients (green beans, olive oil and garlic) these garlic green beans can be made from start to finish in just 20 minutes in the oven. If you love easy side dishes, you are going to love these roasted green beans.
These garlic green beans are a real favorite in our house because they taste amazing and they are so simple to make.
This green beans recipe was inspired by my Parmesan roasted asparagus but instead of using Parmesan for that extra pop of flavor, we are using fresh garlic. These roasted green beans pairs so well with our juicy boneless pork chops or our oven baked salmon.
- Green beans.
- Olive oil.
- Fresh garlic.
- Kosher salt.
- Freshly cracked pepper.
We used long French green beans since they were available at the store and they looked great. Any fresh green beans will work for this recipe.
Just look for green beans that are a bright vibrant green color and firm. For the olive oil, we always have extra virgin olive oil on hand but any olive oil will work great.
How to Make
Combine all of the ingredients on to a sheet pan.
With your hands, mix it all together making sure to coat all of the green beans.
We told you this garlic roasted green beans recipe was really easy! The only preparation you need to do is mince the garlic.
The rest is just mixing it all together before roasting. These sheet pan green beans are simple to make but really big on flavor.
Pro-Tip: There is no need to use a mixing bowl to mix the ingredients together. Use your hands to rub the olive oil and garlic mixture over the green beans to ensure all of the vegetables are coated in flavor.
The ingredients and process used to make these roasted green beans with garlic can be used on any vegetables and they will taste amazing.
- Potatoes - Try using quartered red or baby potatoes with the garlic and olive oil and roast them until crisp.
- Broccoli - We love making a charred broccoli with these same ingredients.
- Carrots - Use carrots instead of the green beans for delicious oven roasted carrots.
Variations For These Roasted Green Beans With Garlic
If you want to add a little spice or a little more flavor (although these roasted green beans are perfect as is), try adding some of these items.
- Spicy - add red pepper flakes to the olive oil and garlic mixture before cooking to add a little heat into the dish.
- Lemon - try adding a squeeze of fresh lemon after cooking to bring out the freshness of the green beans.
- Pancetta - you can add some cubed pancetta or bacon before the green beans go into the oven for a little smoky and meaty flavor in the green beans.
Try making a red chimichurri roasted green beans or use your favorite marinade like we did for a pop of flavor.
How to Store and Re-heat
If you do have any leftover roasted green beans, they store really well in an air tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. To re-heat simply place green beans into a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 1-2 minutes until hot.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make amazing green beans. The key to amazing flavor is to either roast the green beans or to add spices.
No. Green beans can be placed directly on to a sheet pan and roasted without any blanching. They will come out crisp and delicious this way.
You might also like some of these recipes:
Some of my favorite dishes to make with these garlic green beans:
Easy Roasted Green Beans With Garlic
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 sheet pan
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a sheet pan.1 lb Fresh Green Beans, 1 tablespoon Olive oil, 4 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- With your hands, mix the ingredients together on the sheet pan making sure to coat all of the green beans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the green beans are nice and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here