Grilled Steak Tips with Rojo Chimichurri sauce is a full of flavor dish that everyone loves who I serve it to. If you have been following along with me for a while then you know I love grilled meats with sauces!
Grilling doesn’t have to be complicated to make your food taste amazing, in fact quite the opposite! You just have to give your meat some love before or after grilling to have an amazing dish.
For me, I have found that if you buy quality meat and season it well before AND after the grilling then no matter what, the meat will taste fantastic! To season your meat before hand, it is safest to just use salt and pepper so you don’t have to worry about the marinade causing your meat to get charred.
Grilling your Steak:
For this steak with chimichurri recipe, I went ahead and added a little (1 tbsp) of the rojo chimichurri before grilling and my normal salt and pepper and it came out great! I don’t add too much before grilling because it will cause too much charring on the meat while it is cooking. I add the chimichurri later after the cooking is done.
There are exceptions to this rule though. I do like to marinate my Dijon steak tips before grilling. That is a very thick marinade and the dijon forms a nice crust after grilling.
I like to add my sauces at the end of grilling and then I tent the meat with aluminum foil and let the sauce absorb into it and it always comes out amazing! It’s that simple 🙂
What to serve with as a side dish:
If you want to make this meal even easier, you can use this same sauce to add to vegetables and make them taste delicious; see how I added the rojo chimichurri to some green beans to use as a side- so delish! It goes so well with the steak with chimichurri sauce.
To Get Started Making These Steak Tips you need to:
- The first thing you want to do is make the rojo chimmichuri: Grab the rojo chimmichuri recipe here
- Next you want to refrigerate the chimmichuri for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 days .
- Once this is done you can proceed to the steak tips recipe below!
I hope you give this a try and see just how amazing, juicy and flavorful grilling meat can be when you have a delicious sauce with it.
Grilled Steak Tips With Rojo Chimichurri
- 1 1/2 pounds of steak tips
- metal skewers or wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour to prevent burning the skewers
- Rojo Chimichurri Sauce grab the recipe here or above
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- In a large bowl, add your steak tips, 1 tablespoon of your rojo chimichurri and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Now remove your steak tips from the fridge and add them to your skewers making sure to give them a little room.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Add your skewers to the grill and cook for about 3 minutes a side (remembering that there are 4 sides not just 2 when turning your steak tips).
- When done cooking, remove from the grill and add 1/8 cup of your of your rojo chimichurri and cover with aluminum foil to rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve steak tips with the remainder of the rojo chimichurri on the side.