Grilled Steak Tips with Rojo Chimichurri sauce is a full of flavor dish that everyone loves. If you have been following along with me for a while then you know I love grilled meats with sauces. This easy red Chimichurri is amazing and so easy to throw together and it will take any steak recipe to the next level.
What is Rojo Chimichurri:
Now most people are familiar with the green chimichurri from Argentina but there is also a red or rojo version way to make an Argentinian chimichurri steak.
Rojo Chimichurri is veery similar in ingredients to regular Chimichurri except it has the addition of tomato paste and red vinegar.
Here, I've added lots of the Chimichurri sauce to the meat after it was done cooking. You give it a few minutes to rest with the meat and it makes the meat taste amazing.
The Best Steak to Use for Chimichurri:
Chimichurri is traditionally served with skirt steak or flank steak. You can however use any steak you like with this delicious sauce.
For me, I have found that if you buy quality steak and season it well before AND after the grilling then no matter what, your steak will taste amazing.
How to Make Steak With Rojo Chimichurri:
With this steak with Chimichurri recipe, you will add a little (1 tbsp) of the rojo chimichurri before grilling along with some salt and pepper. The reason you do not want to add too much of your marinade before grilling is because it will cause too much charring on the meat. I add more of the Chimichurri later after the cooking is done.
There are exceptions to this rule though. I do like to marinate my Dijon steak tips before grilling. That is a very thick marinade and the dijon forms a nice crust after grilling.
Generally though, I like to add my sauces at the end of grilling and then I tent the meat with aluminum foil and let the sauce absorb into it and it always comes out amazing! It's that simple 🙂
What to serve with this steak and rojo chimichurri dish:
If you want to make this meal even easier, you can use this same sauce to add to vegetables and make them taste delicious; see how I added the rojo chimichurri to some green beans to use as a side- so delish! It goes so well with the steak with Chimichurri sauce. I also love serving this steak with fluffy basmati rice.
To Get Started Making This Argentinian Chimichurri Steak you need to:
- The first thing you want to do is make the rojo chimmichuri: Grab the rojo chimmichuri recipe.
- Next you want to refrigerate the chimmichuri for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 days .
- Once this is done you can proceed to the steak tips recipe below!
I hope you give this a try and see just how amazing, juicy and flavorful grilling meat can be when you have a delicious sauce with it.
Grilled Steak Tips With Rojo Chimichurri
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 ½ pounds of steak tips
- metal skewers or wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour to prevent burning the skewers
- Rojo Chimichurri Sauce rojo chimichurri recipe or above
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of pepper
- In a large bowl, add your steak tips, 1 tablespoon of your rojo chimichurri and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Now remove your steak tips from the fridge and add them to your skewers making sure to give them a little room.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Add your skewers to the grill and cook for about 3 minutes a side (remembering that there are 4 sides not just 2 when turning your steak tips).
- When done cooking, remove from the grill and add ⅛ cup of your of your rojo chimichurri and cover with aluminum foil to rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve steak tips with the remainder of the rojo chimichurri on the side.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here