This creamy chickpea salad is so simple to make and the most delicious chickpea recipe! We make this spicy chickpea salad almost every weekend and we are still not tired of it. The creamy sriracha dressing that covers the salad is so delicious and you can adjust it to make it more or less spicy depending on your taste. Make this as a side dish or a meal that everyone will love.
Why I love this Chickpea Salad
If you are looking for an easy chickpea salad recipe that tastes delicious and is not boring then this creamy chickpea salad recipe is for you. This chickpea salad is loaded with tons of flavor from the chopped vegetables, spices and creamy sriracha dressing.
My daughter (who is a cook as well) came up with this amazing salad and it is made almost weekly and in large batches so we can have a bowl of it (the both of us) each day.
Making this chickpea salad is so simple and it only takes about 15 minutes to make. It stores very well in the fridge too if you decide to make a double batch.
Honestly, this creamy chickpea salad is so good that when we do make a double batch, it still doesn't last long. We can't stop ourselves from scooping out a little here and there throughout the day 🙂
Ingredients You Will Need
- Canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Red bell pepper.
Creamy Sriracha Dressing
- Green Onion.
- Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Sour Cream.
As you can see from all the spices in this chickpea salad recipe, it is loaded with flavor! Trust me when I tell you that this is really good.
The creamy sriracha dressing is not just great in this salad but as a stand alone sriracha dressing for salad or as a dip for chips and veggies.
How to make chickpea salad
As I mentioned earlier, this recipe is really simple to make. If you can chop ingredients and mix then you've got this one.
Here are what the steps look like:
The key to the best chickpea salad is to make sure you chop all of your ingredients very small to match the size of the chickpeas. You want to be able to eat this salad with a spoon, not a fork.
After you have chopped all of your vegetables, you make the creamy sriracha dressing then add that to the bowl and mix well. This is where you want to taste the sriracha dressing to see if it needs more spice.
I suggest that you start with a little less sriracha than the recipe calls for and add to taste. Make this salad as spicy as you like.
Tips for making the best chickpea salad
- Make sure to chop all of the vegetables in the recipe small to match the size of the chickpeas. This is a salad you want to eat with a spoon.
- Don't skimp on the spices! It may seem like lots of onion or spices but believe me, this is where all the flavor comes in.
- Make sure to rinse the chickpeas before making the salad. The brine the chickpeas sit in does not add to the flavor and it will leave an awkward texture. Give the chickpeas a good rinse under the water in a strainer until the water runs clear.
We love serving this chickpea salad alongside heavier sandwiches like our pot roast sandwich or pulled pork sliders to lighten up the meal. Here are some ideas of what to serve with this chickpea salad:
More like this
If you love this creamy chickpea salad, you may also like these:
Chickpea Salad with Creamy Sriracha Dressing
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 shallot diced small to about the size of the chickpeas
- ½ red bell pepper diced small to about the size of the chickpeas
- 1 celery spear diced small to about the size of the chickpeas
- 2 bunches of green onion diced small to about the size of the chickpeas
Creamy Sriracha Dressing
- ½ juice of lemon
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha I would start with ½ the amount and adjust to taste depending on how spicy you like it.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 swirls of fresh ground black pepper
- Add rinsed chickpeas to a large bowl.15 ounces canned chickpeas
- Chop the veggies all to the same size and add to the chickpeas.1 shallot, ½ red bell pepper, 1 celery spear, 2 bunches of green onion
- Make the creamy sriracha dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a small bowl and mix well.½ juice of lemon, 2 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon sriracha, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder, ⅛ teaspoon onion powder, ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika, 2 swirls of fresh ground black pepper
- Add the creamy sriracha to the bowl of chickpeas and veggies and mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here