This one pan mustard and honey crusted salmon and vegetables is seriously the easiest and tastiest way to prepare a meal. Make a faux shrub drink with the extra time you will have saved not slaving over the stove!
Do you like salmon? Vegetables? Easy dinners? Easy cleanup? Great taste? Well then this is the dish you have been waiting.
This mustard and honey crusted salmon with vegetables and the most delicious mustard and honey glaze is your savior during those busy weeknights.
With just a few items to prep for the marinade and some veggies to chop (if you haven’t already bought them prepped in a bag) this dish can be assembled in 5 minutes. Add the cooking time and it takes about 30 minutes or so depending on the thickness of your salmon.
Even though this dish is easy to make, it is great for when you have guests in from out of town but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It is nice to have a break when you are entertaining.
The ingredients you will need for this sheet pan meal are:
- salmon filets
- cremini mushrooms
- red bell pepper
- whole grain mustard
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- parsley (optional)
This really is a very customizable dish. The ingredients should be your starting point for vegetables to use in this recipe. You can add your favorite vegetables to this or use what you have on hand.
Sheet pan meals are great for throwing all those random odds and ends together into one meal.
The steps to making this mustard and honey salmon and vegetables is very simple:
- Prep your vegetables
- make a quick mustard honey sauce
- toss the sauce on to your vegetables and salmon
- cook in the oven
So easy! I love to take the extra time that I save to treat myself to either a fun drink or a nice easy cocktail, depending on my mood. Sometimes I just sit back, relax and catch up on my social media.
Sheet pan meals are amazing and easy and should always be incorporated into your weekly meal plan.
Go ahead and give it a try and I know you will love it!
One Pan Mustard and Honey Crusted Salmon and Vegetables
- 1 1/2 -2 pounds of salmon (4 slices- about 2 inches thick a piece)
- 1 head of broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms quartered
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
Honey Dijon Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 of a lemon's juice
- 1/8 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- a large pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of your ingredients for your sauce.
- Grab a small bowl and take 4 tbsp of your prepared sauce and add that to your bowl.
- Mix the olive oil into your small bowl until it is well blended.
- On a large roasting pan, add your prepped vegetables.
- Take the sauce from the small bowl with the olive oil and drizzle it over your vegetables and with your hands toss it all around until they are well coated. Once the vegetables are coated, push them to the sides of your pan to make room for the salmon.
- Now, place your salmon in the center of the pan. Salmon should be skin side down.
- Take the remaining marinade you made in the medium bowl and pour over top of the salmon making sure to coat all of it.
- Place salmon and vegetables in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked through. It is fully cooked when it turns a lighter pink and starts to flake.
- Once the salmon is cooked through, turn on the broiler in your oven and broil the top of your salmon and vegetables until you start to see the marinade crust bubble, about 4 minutes
- Remove from oven and enjoy!