This za'atar chicken, sausage and vegetables is an easy weeknight dinner that everyone will love. It will only take you 5 minutes to throw everything on to one pan and and give you more time to relax. If you like easy and full of flavor meals then this is the za'atar chicken recipe is or you!
About this recipe
We all have those nights after a long day where cooking does not feel possible and you really don't want to do take out. Sheet pan meals are perfect for these types of days!
This za'atar chicken with sausage and vegetables is very versatile and perfect for those busy nights. I used potatoes and asparagus because that is what we had on hand but you can use whatever veggies you like.
I also had some sausage links (leftover from making my sausage and peppers recipe), and 2 pieces of chicken (to feed 4), so I just combined them into one easy sheet pan meal.
You can mix and match what you have available.
Ingredients needed for this za'atar chicken recipe
The ingredients for this za'atar chicken sheet pan meal are so simple. Here is what you will need:
- Sausage. I used hot Italian sausage but you could use any variety you like.
- Chicken breasts
- Fresh asparagus
- Creamer, golden or red potatoes.
- Za'atar seasoning.
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt.
How to make
Making this za'atar sheet pan meal could not be any easier. It is all about one pan cooking with this recipe.
Here are the steps:
- Prep the veggies.
- Place veggies and meats on to a large sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add za'atar seasoning.
- Place in pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes.
That is it! I told you this sheet pan za'atar chicken and veggies was simple.
About the za'atar seasoning
For the seasoning, I always have za'atar on hand (a spice mix of oregano, thyme, marjoram, toasted sesame seeds, salt and sumac) because I love it . Za'atar seasoning is a middle eastern spice blend.
You can find this at almost all grocery stores now, in the spice section.
I love adding za'atar seasoning to so many things. One of my favorite ways to use it is in dips like my avocado dip or in pork chops with cream sauce or on top of hummus.
It will not go to waste if you have to buy it, once you see how flavorful it is!
You can make your own za'atar seasoning, buy it or use another spice blend that you really like. The key is that all of the ingredients roast and caramelize together in the oven.
As I mentioned above, this za'atar chicken sheet pan meal is all about the za'atar spices and the meat and veggies you have on hand.
Here are some ideas of how to change it up a bit:
- Use only chicken. If you do not have any sausages on hand, just make this with chicken only.
- Use other veggies for this dish. I used what I had on hand but some other veggies that would be great with this za'atar chicken are:
- Sweet potatoes
- Red peppers
- Add some lemon slices to the sheet pan to give this za'atar chicken more of lemony note.
More Easy Sheet Pan Meals
If you love how easy this sheet pan za'atar chicken recipe is, you may also like these other sheet pan meals:
Here are some more really easy dinners for those busy nights:
- Ravioli with Brown Butter, Walnuts and Asparagus
- Pasta with Pancetta and Mushrooms
- Ricotta Pasta
- Southwest Chicken Bowl
- Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches
- Baked Zucchini
- Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
I hope you give this za'atar chicken, sausage and veggies a try and see how delicious a quick sheet pan meal can be!
Sheet Pan Za'atar Chicken, Sausage and Veggies
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- large sheet pan
- 4 Sausage links I used hot Italian sausage
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1 Small bag of creamer, golden or red potatoes left whole if very small but cut in half if they are larger.
- 2 teaspoon Za'atar seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Add your chicen, sausage, and potatoes to a large sheet pan making sure they are not overlapping
- Drizzle your chicken and potatoes with ½ of the olive oil
- Sprinkle the za'atar seasoning and some salt over the chicken and potatoes
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven turn the meat and potatoes over to cook them evenly and now add your asparagus.
- Drizzle your asparagus with a little olive oil and some salt
- Place sheet pan back in the oven for another 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, check that the potatoes and neat are cooked through
- If they are not add more cooking time until they are cooked through
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
This sounds so easy and I needed another recipe for za'atar seasoning that I bought.