Looking for an easy weeknight dinner where it will only take you 5 minutes to throw everything on to one pan and not have to do anything else? If yes, then this is the dish for you!
We all have those nights after a long day where cooking does not feel possible and you really don’t want to do take out. Sheet pan meals are perfect for these types of days! This dish is very versatile as well. I used potatoes and asparagus because that is what we had on hand. I also had some sausage and only 2 pieces of chicken (to feed 4) so I just combined them into 1 meal. You can mix and match what you have available.
For the seasoning, I always have za’atar on hand (a spice mix of oregano, thyme, marjoram, toasted sesame seeds, salt and sumac) because I love it but you can make your own seasoning or use another blend that you really like. The key is that all of the ingredients roast and caramelize together in the oven.
Hope you give it a try!
Sheet Pan Za’atar Chicken, Sausage and Veggies
- large sheet pan
- 1 package of sausage I used hot Italian sausage
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1 small bag of creamer, golden or red potatoes no need to cut them if they are very small.
- 2 tsp Za'atar seasoning or your favorite spice blend
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Add your chicken, sausage, and potatoes to a large sheet pan making sure they are not overlapping
- drizzle your chicken and potatoes with 1/2 of the olive oil
- sprinkle the za'atar seasoning and some salt over the chicken and potatoes
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes
- remove from the oven turn the meat and potatoes over to cook them evenly and now add your asparagus.
- Drizzle your asparagus with a little olive oil and some salt
- place sheet pan back in the oven for another 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, check that the potatoes and neat are cooked through
- If they are not add more cooking time until they are cooked through
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.