This sheet pan za’atar chicken, sausage and vegetables is an easy weeknight dinner where it will only take you 5 minutes to throw everything on to one pan and not have to do anything else. If you like easy and full of flavor meals then this is the dish for you!
We all have those nights after a long day where cooking does not feel possible and you really don’t want to do take out. Sheet pan meals are perfect for these types of days!
This dish is very versatile as well. I used potatoes and asparagus because that is what we had on hand. I also had some sausage and only 2 pieces of chicken (to feed 4) so I just combined them into 1 meal. You can mix and match what you have available.
For the seasoning, I always have za’atar on hand (a spice mix of oregano, thyme, marjoram, toasted sesame seeds, salt and sumac) because I love it . It is a middle eastern spice blend. You can find this at almost all grocery stores now, in the spice section.
I love adding this spice to so many things. One of my favorite ways to use it is in dips like. my avocado dip or on top of hummus. It will not go to waste if you have to buy it, once you see how flavorful it is!
You can make your own za’atar seasoning, buy it or use another spice blend that you really like. The key is that all of the ingredients roast and caramelize together in the oven.
Here are some more really easy dinners for those busy nights:
I hope you give this one a try and see how delicious a quick sheet pan meal can be!
Sheet Pan Za’atar Chicken, Sausage and Veggies
- large sheet pan
- 1 package of sausage I used hot Italian sausage
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1 small bag of creamer, golden or red potatoes no need to cut them if they are very small.
- 2 tsp Za'atar seasoning or your favorite spice blend
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Add your chicken, sausage, and potatoes to a large sheet pan making sure they are not overlapping
- drizzle your chicken and potatoes with 1/2 of the olive oil
- sprinkle the za'atar seasoning and some salt over the chicken and potatoes
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes
- remove from the oven turn the meat and potatoes over to cook them evenly and now add your asparagus.
- Drizzle your asparagus with a little olive oil and some salt
- place sheet pan back in the oven for another 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, check that the potatoes and neat are cooked through
- If they are not add more cooking time until they are cooked through
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.