Loaded nachos that made on a sheet pan and baked in the oven is the way to make the best loaded nachos around. They make a great meal or warm appetizer to serve to guests or for a game day treat. These loaded sheet pan nachos take only a little time to prepare and bake up in just 10 minutes. You can make the pico de gallo portion of this recipe the day before making the prep time even less.
What are sheet pan loaded nachos?
Loaded nachos are basically tortilla chips that are covered in cheese and any variety of toppings that you like. These sheet pan nachos are covered with three types of cheese, seasoned ground beef, pico de gallo, scallions and pickled jalapeños.
These nachos are cooked on a sheet pan in the oven which allows us to make a large batch at once. It really is such a great quick meal or party food.
I like to serve sour cream on the side. You can also serve it with guacamole or even an avocado dip! You can add more toppings or less depending on your preference.
Ingredients You Will Need to Make These Nachos:
- Tortilla Chips.
- Cheese. I like to to use a blend of cheeses. The cheddar and jack cheese is for flavor and the queso quesadilla cheese is for that beautiful creamy melting ability. If you cannot find queso quesadilla, just substitute it with more of the jack cheese.
- Ground beef.
- Seasonings for the ground beef (sweet paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, kosher salt). You can also use store bought chili seasoning mix if that is easier.
- Pickled jalapeños.
- Homemade pico de gallo. This can be made a day ahead of time. If you are unable to make your own, many grocery stores will sell fresh pico de gallo in the produce section.
Here Are The Steps to Making these Loaded Nachos:
These loaded nachos are so easy. They are mainly assembling and they only need 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven to cook up until the cheese is bubbly. Just add your toppings right before serving and that is it.
If you add a thin layer of cheese on top of the tortilla chips before you add the ground beef, it prevents the nachos from becoming mushy from the moisture of the beef. No one likes mushy nachos 🙂
More Easy Entertaining Recipes For You:
- Roasted Tomato and Tomatillo Salsa
- Authentic Texas Chili
- Greek Yogurt and Avocado Dip
- Strawberry and Goat Cheese Crostini
- Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Soft Pretzels
- Goat Cheese Red Pepper and Herb Crostini
Our Favorite Loaded Nachos (Sheet Pan Recipe)
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 large sheet pan
Homemade Pico de Gallo
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes diced with juice squeezed out before dicing.
- ¾ cup white onion diced finely
- ½ of a medium jalapeño diced finely
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro chopped finely. You can use less if you like less cilantro.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime
- 14 ounces tortilla chips one large bag
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 blend
- 2 cups assorted mixed Mexican cheese shredded I prefer a combination of cheddar, jack cheese and queso quesadilla cheese. Just make sure you have a few that you can mix and match for flavor and good melting.
- ½ cup pickled jalapeños
- ½ cup scallions diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- sour cream for serving
Ground Beef Seasoning (Taco seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
Pico de Gallo
- Cut your tomatoes in half and gently squeeze out any liquid and scrape out the seeds.
- Dice your tomatoes and add them to a medium bowl.1 ½ cups tomatoes
- Dice your onion extra finely and add those to the bowl.¾ cup white onion
- Dice your jalapeño extra finely and add those to the bowl.½ of a medium jalapeño
- Add the salt, cilantro and fresh squeezed juice of one lime.1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 lime, ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- Mix well.
- Let rest covered on the counter for 15 minutes or up to one hour to allow the flavors to come together.
- After making the pico de gallo, pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat add vegetable oil and beef and cook the beef until brown. About 5 minutes.1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 pound ground beef
- Now add your ground beef seasoning.1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder, ⅛ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix well for one minute then remove from the heat.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup).
- Layer the tortilla chips on to the sheet pan.14 ounces tortilla chips
- Sprinkle a thin layer of cheese over the tortilla chips.
- Add the ground beef evenly over top.
- Add the remaining cheese over the ground beef2 cups assorted mixed Mexican cheese shredded
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the nachos just start to brown on the edges of the pan.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with the jalapeños, scallions and ¼ of the pico de gallo.½ cup scallions, ½ cup pickled jalapeños
- Serve immediately with the remaining pico de gallo and sour cream on the side.sour cream
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here