If you are looking for an easy way to make fajitas at home, this sheet pan chicken fajitas is it! The spice blend is perfect and can be used in any fajita recipe where you want tons of flavor.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas has got to be one of my favorite sheet pan dinners! It is super easy and really full of flavor and it makes cleanup in the kitchen a breeze.
The key to great sheet pan fajitas amazing is mixing all of the raw ingredients and spices in a bowl before adding it to the pan to make sure all of the great flavor from the spices is coating everything. Perfect for a great midweek quick meal!
The ingredients for this fajita recipe is very simple. You can add or substitute vegetables based on what you have on hand. I always have asparagus in my fridge so I have added those to my sheet pan fajitas which you see in the pictures.
The ingredients you will need for this sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe are:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil
- red and green peppers
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- and any other veggies you want to add like I did with the asparagus
One of the great things about this recipe is it uses lots of pantry seasonings. You can adjust these spices to your own taste but I recommend trying this version out first because it tastes so amazing.
Another great thing about this dish is you can prep all of your items ahead of time and store it in a sealed bag or container in your refrigerator until you are ready to add it to your sheet pan and bake. Wouldn't it be nice to have prepped all of your ingredients over the weekend and the only work you have to do is pour it out on to a sheet pan.
That is so much better than takeout and perfect for those busy nights! I am all about easy nice dinners and I even put together a list of some of my favorites!
What to serve with these chicken fajitas:
My favorite thing to serve with these is a nice toasted buttery rice (that recipe is coming soon I promise!) I like to add the fajitas over top of the rice and that way the rice picks up all of those delicious spices and flavors. You can also serve these fajitas the traditional way with a side of corn or flour tortillas. It also goes really well over lettuce as a fajita salad.
This recipe is definitely going to be a hot at your next dinner. I highly recommend adding this to your meal rotation because it tastes amazing, is easy cleanup, and is a great meal prep meal for those busy nights. We all need more chicken recipes and this is a great one!
If you want more sheet pan meal inspiration, you will like my sheet pan za'atar chicken and veggies and my one pan mustard and honey crusted salmon and veggies.
I am also collaborating with other amazing bloggers to bring you even more sheet pan dinner meal ideas so don't forget to check out these amazing recipes (below) after trying the sheet pan chicken fajitas! We also have an amazing chicken fajitas recipe made from leftovers here: Leftover Chicken Fajitas.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- ⅛ cup of oil coconut, olive or vegetable oil
- 1 package of soft tortillas of your choice
- lime wedges optional
- sour cream optional
- salsa optional
- Add all of your prepared veggies, chicken, oil and spices to a large bowl. Mix well so everything is evenly coated. Set aside.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grab a large sheet pan and pour all of the ingredients from the bowl on to your pan, making sure to get all of the spices and oil mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, give your sheet pan fajitas a quick flip and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Once your fajitas are cooked, set your oven to broil and place your sheet pan under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes or until there is some light browning on the edges then remove from oven.
- Once out of the oven, squeeze a lime wedge over the top.
- Serve with your toppings and tortillas (or with a salad or rice if you are not using tortillas).
More amazing sheet pan dinner ideas from fellow bloggers:
Za'atar Chicken with Sausage and Vegetables
Curried Pork Chop and Potato Sheet Pan Recipe
Sheet Pan Italian Stuffed Portobellos and Garlic Breadsticks
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Meatballs and Veggies
Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Sausage
Dukkah and parmesan chicken tray bake
Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken with Broccolini and Chickpeas
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Easy Sheet Pan Dinner with Sausage, Potatoes and Veggies