Sheet pan chicken fajita tacos are so delicious and so easy to make. Baking up the chicken taco ingredients on a sheet pan makes this such an easy meal. While the chicken fajitas cook in the oven, just warm some flour tortillas and get the toppings ready for the most delicious and easy taco dinner.
Sheet pan chicken fajita tacos have got to be one of my favorite sheet pan dinners! It is super easy and really full of flavor and it makes cleanup in the kitchen a breeze.
The key to great sheet pan chicken tacos is mixing all of the raw ingredients and spices in a bowl before adding them to the sheet pan to make sure all of the great flavor from the spices is coating everything. Perfect for a great midweek quick meal!
Let me show you how easy it is to make them!
Chicken fajita tacos ingredients
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts. This is the base to the tacos so make sure to buy the best quality chicken you can.
- Vegetable oil. The oil is what bonds the spices to the chicken during baking.
- Red and green peppers. This is my favorite combination of bell peppers but you can use any bell peppers you prefer.
- Onions. Onions are a classic combination with fajitas and add so much flavor.
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, paprika
- Additional veggies you want to add like I did with the asparagus. This is optional but it is a great way to use up any extra in your fridge.
- Flour tortillas. This is what you are going to add the chicken fajitas to. If I can, I like to buy good quality flour tortillas from a restaurant since they taste so much better than store-bought.
- Adjust seasonings to taste: One of the great things about this easy recipe is it uses lots of pantry seasonings. You can adjust these spices to your own taste but I recommend trying this chicken fajita spice mix first because it tastes so amazing.
- Prep it ahead of time: Another great thing about these sheet pan chicken tacos is you can prep all of your items ahead of time. Just store them in a sealed bag or container in your refrigerator until you are ready to add them to your sheet pan and bake.
How to make sheet pan chicken tacos
- The first thing you want to do is cut up your chicken and vegetables into small strips.
- Next, you add all of your spices and your sliced ingredients into a large bowl then mix well to coat all of the food with spices.
- The second step is to add all of the coated meat and vegetables to a large sheet pan. Make sure the pan is large enough to hold all of the ingredients without them overlapping.
- After this, you just place it in the hot pre-heated oven and let the fajitas cook. I like to prepare my toppings at this point.
When the chicken fajitas are done cooking, scoop it out on a plate and serve with warmed flour tortillas and toppings at the table for everyone to assemble their own fajita tacos.
My favorite toppings for a chicken fajita tacos are always queso blanco (a soft crumbly Mexican cheese) and a squeeze of fresh lime.
You can also add cilantro lime sauce, poblano sauce, homemade pico de gallo, roasted salsa, shredded lettuce, and shredded Mexican cheese. I even like to have some Spanish rice to bulk up the chicken taco a little more.
I highly recommend adding these fajita tacos to your meal rotation because it tastes amazing, are easy to clean up, and make a great meal prep meal for those busy nights.
More Like This
If you love these sheet pan chicken tacos, you may also like these:
More Easy Recipes
If you love how easy these sheet pan chicken tacos are, you may also like these recipes:
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts chicken cut in half lengthwise then cut into thin strips.
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- 8 small flour tortillas make sure to buy taco sized tortillas and not the large burrito size.
- 1 cup queso blanco
- 2 lime wedges quartered optional
- sour cream optional
- salsa optional
- Add all of your prepared veggies, chicken, oil and spices to a large bowl. Mix well so everything is evenly coated. Set aside.2 chicken breasts, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 small onion, 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika, 2 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grab a large sheet pan and pour all of the ingredients from the bowl on to your pan, making sure to get all of the spices and oil mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, give your sheet pan fajitas a quick flip and place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you want the fajitas more crisped up after cooking, set your oven to broil and place your sheet pan under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes or until there is some light browning on the edges then remove from oven.
- Serve with your toppings and tortillas (or with a salad or rice if you are not using tortillas).8 small flour tortillas, 1 cup queso blanco, 2 lime wedges quartered, sour cream, salsa
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!