Chicken fajita tacos are so delicious and so easy to make. This is my favorite chicken fajita taco recipe and it comes together in a snap thanks to the fact that everything is cooked on a sheet pan in the oven. While the chicken fajitas cook, just warm some flour tortillas and get the toppings ready for the most delicious meal.
About this recipe:
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas has got to be one of my favorite sheet pan dinners! It is super easy and really full of flavor and it makes cleanup in the kitchen a breeze.
The key to great sheet pan fajitas amazing is mixing all of the raw ingredients and spices in a bowl before adding it to the pan to make sure all of the great flavor from the spices is coating everything. Perfect for a great midweek quick meal!
The ingredients for this fajita taco recipe is very simple. You can add or substitute vegetables based on what you have on hand.
I always have asparagus in my fridge so I have added those to my sheet pan fajitas which you see in the pictures.
The ingredients you will need for these fajita tacos are:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil
- red and green peppers
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- and any other veggies you want to add like I did with the asparagus
- Flour tortillas
About the chicken fajita taco ingredients:
One of the great things about this recipe is it uses lots of pantry seasonings. You can adjust these spices to your own taste but I recommend trying this chicken fajita spice mix first because it tastes so amazing.
Another great thing about this dish is you can prep all of your items ahead of time and store it in a sealed bag or container in your refrigerator until you are ready to add it to your sheet pan and bake.
Wouldn't it be nice to have prepped all of your ingredients over the weekend and the only work you have to do is pour it out on to a sheet pan.
How to make these fajita tacos:
The first thing you want to do is cut up your chicken and vegetables into small strips. Next you add all of your spices and your sliced ingredients into a large bowl then mix well to coat all of the food with spices.
The second step is to add all of the coated meat and vegetables to a large sheet pan. Make sure the pan is large enough to hold all of the ingredients without them overlapping.
After this, you just place it in the hot pre-heated oven and let the fajitas cook. I like to prepare my toppings at this point.
When the chicken fajitas are done cooking, scoop it out on a plate and serve with warmed flour tortillas and toppings at the table for everyone to assemble their own fajita tacos.
Toppings for chicken fajita tacos:
My favorite toppings for a chicken fajita taco are always queso blanco (a soft crumbly Mexican cheese) and a squeeze of fresh lime.
You can also add hot sauce, shredded lettuce, any shredded Mexican cheese or even a Spanish rice to bulk up the fajita taco a little more.
I highly recommend adding these fajita tacos to your meal rotation because it tastes amazing, is easy cleanup, and it makes a great meal prep meal for those busy nights.
We all need more chicken recipes and this is a great one!
If you want more sheet pan meal inspiration that you can make into tacos then you should check out my sheet pan za'atar chicken and veggies and my one pan mustard and honey crusted salmon and veggies.
If you have leftovers to use up, we also have an amazing chicken fajitas recipe made from leftovers here: Leftover Chicken Fajitas.
The Best Chicken Fajita Tacos
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 chicken breasts chicken cut in half lengthwise then cut into thin strips.
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- 8 small flour tortillas make sure to buy taco sized tortillas and not the large burrito size.
- 1 cup queso blanco
- 2 lime wedges quartered optional
- sour cream optional
- salsa optional
- Add all of your prepared veggies, chicken, oil and spices to a large bowl. Mix well so everything is evenly coated. Set aside.2 chicken breasts, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 small onion, 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika, 2 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grab a large sheet pan and pour all of the ingredients from the bowl on to your pan, making sure to get all of the spices and oil mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, give your sheet pan fajitas a quick flip and place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you want the fajitas more crisped up after cooking, set your oven to broil and place your sheet pan under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes or until there is some light browning on the edges then remove from oven.
- Serve with your toppings and tortillas (or with a salad or rice if you are not using tortillas).8 small flour tortillas, 1 cup queso blanco, 2 lime wedges quartered, sour cream, salsa
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here