Spending time making a beautiful salmon dinner is a great way to eat healthy and get your vitamins. When thinking about what to serve with salmon, we carefully selected our favorite side dishes for salmon that we think complement the salmon beautifully and that we know you will love too.
There are so many great options to serve with this delicious fish and no matter what you season your salmon with, there is a side dish here to go with it. We have some of our favorite vegetables to serve with salmon along with some great delicious salads that we love.
Whether you are making an oven baked salmon, miso salmon, or sheet pan salmon
Here are our favorite sides to serve with salmon.
Broccolini goes well with just about any meat and it is perfect with salmon. The miso adds a great umami flavor and adds more nutrition to your meal. This is our go-to side for our miso glazed salmon and it never disappoints.
Get the recipe for Miso Rubbed Broccolini
These delicious creamy mashed potatoes with butter and chives are a classic side to serve with salmon. The richness compliments the salmon beautifully and who does not love buttery potatoes! We love this with our blackened salmon!
Get the recipe for Yukon Gold Potatoes
Cumin and lime coleslaw is the perfect lighter option to serve with your salmon. This is not your grandma's coleslaw recipe. The flavors of cumin, shallots, and lime make this a bright fresh, and tasty side dish.
Get the recipe for Cumin and Lime Coleslaw
Charred broccoli with lemon makes the perfect side to salmon and tastes so amazing. Roasting the broccoli until it is charred a bit on the outside and then squeezing some lemon over top makes for such a delicious side.
Get the recipe for Charred Broccoli and Lemon
This light Asian-flavored salad is loaded with crunch, and flavor and is so easy to make. You can eat this salad on its own or serve it as a side with salmon.
Get the recipe for this Crunchy Asian Salad
This really easy side dish is loaded with flavor and nutrients. Make extra of this because it makes great leftovers!
Get the recipe for Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower with Turmeric and Cumin
These turmeric potatoes are cooked with shallots, a little allspice, and turmeric in a chicken stock base until fork tender. These are the perfect side dish to any meal and great to eat on their own! Our favorite salmon with this is our Mediterranean salmon.
Get the recipe for Turmeric Potatoes
These sauteed Brussels sprouts are a classic and this method of cooking them, while simple, yields amazing flavor! We use these as a side for so many meals.
Get the recipe for Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon
This warm radicchio and arugula salad is a great way to prepare radicchio (the purple lettuce) and it is covered in the most amazing warm balsamic vinaigrette! Use the warm vinaigrette as a sauce for your salmon and it will taste amazing!
Get the recipe for Warm Radicchio and Arugula Salad
It doesn't get much better than spinach with crispy pancetta! The pancetta and shallots are cooked until crisp before adding the spinach making them so delicious.
It is finished off with a little lemon and butter to round out all of the flavors.
Get the recipe for Spinach and Pancetta with Shallots
These garlic-roasted green beans are so big on flavor and pair so well with so many salmon recipes. We love serving this with our dijon cast iron salmon since the dijon and garlic pair so well together.
Get the recipe for Oven Roasted Garlic Green Beans
More like this
If you love these side dishes for salmon, you may also like these:
Our Favorite Side Dishes for Salmon
- 4 bunches of broccolini
- 2 tablespoon light miso paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling on broccolini when serving optional but recommended
Asian Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon rice vine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon chili paste or more if you like it really spicy
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Add your olive oil and miso paste to a large bowl and mix well until it is well incorporated
- Now add your broccolini to the bowl and mix it around in the miso sauce making sure to coast all of the broccolini.
- Place your broccolini on to a large sheet pan making sure the broccolini is not overlapping.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the broccolini begins to brown on the edges and is easily pierced with a fork.
Asian Dipping Sauce
- While the broccolini is roasting, grab a small bowl and all of your ingredients for the sauce.
- Mix the ingredients into your bowl and whisk until it all comes together and the chili paste is no longer clumpy.
- Once the broccolini is ready, remove from the oven and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (if using).
- Grab 4 ramekins or very small bowls and evenly distribute your sauce into them.
- Place broccolini on to 4 plates along with the sauce and eat immediately.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!