Roasted potatoes and broccoli with garlic and herbs is my favorite way to make broccoli and potatoes and it is so full of flavor. This easy sheet pan veggie recipe is so easy to make, so delicious and it goes so well with so many dishes. My favorite way to enjoy this oven roasted broccoli and potatoes is alongside juicy boneless pork chops , cast iron chicken breast or a baked pork tenderloin for a really delicious complete meal.
Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli
Roasting potatoes with broccoli is very simple and making it on a sheet pan makes for easy cleanup too. When roasting broccoli and potatoes together you want to make sure you the potatoes are small and the broccoli pieces larger in size so they roast at the same time.
I love roasting these two vegetables together because I like a light char on the outside of my broccoli and a crispy outside to my potatoes and that is exactly how they turn out with this recipe.
By the time the baby potatoes are nice and crisp and starting to wrinkle on the outside, the broccoli is nice and crisp with some black edges starting to form. I make a whole recipe of just charred broccoli for this reason.
It is so good! For this recipe, we are roasting purple potatoes, yellow potatoes and red potatoes with the broccoli. That is because we had the purple, yellow and red mixed baby potatoes that we bought from the store.
You can use any baby potatoes variety you have on hand. The potatoes and broccoli will come out nice and crisp.
Ingredients to make roasted potatoes and broccoli
- Baby potatoes. You can use golden potatoes, baby red potatoes or a mixed bag of baby purple potatoes, red potatoes and yellow potatoes like I did.
- Fresh broccoli.
- Fresh herbs. I prefer rosemary and oregano but you could also use thyme or any other fresh herbs you love.
- Kosher salt and pepper.
- Olive oil.
When working with the baby potatoes, they will all be slightly different in size. To make sure they cook evenly, I look for the smaller potatoes and leave them whole and then I slice in half the other baby potatoes.
After I am done prepping the potatoes, I like to cut the broccoli into pieces that are about the size of the baby potatoes. Keeping everything around the same size will ensure quick and even cooking.
How to make roasted potatoes and broccoli
- Prepare the baby potatoes by slicing larger potatoes in half and leaving the smaller ones whole. Add to a sheet pan.
- Cut the stem off of the broccoli and cut the broccoli florets into pieces about the size of the potatoes. Add to sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies.
- Mince garlic and add that to the sheet pan with vegetables.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs, kosher salt and pepper over veggies.
- With your hands, rub the olive oil and herb mixture all over the vegetables until everything is coated well.
- Roast for about 25 minutes in pre-heated oven.
I really love serving these potatoes and broccoli alongside boneless pork chops or lemon butter chicken. These roasted veggies also are really delicious with sheet pan salmon and you can cook them in the oven for almost the same amount of time.
These potatoes and broccoli would go so well with any meat! For an all vegetarian option, just serve these veggies with a side of fluffy basmati rice or Spanish rice.
More roasted vegetable dishes
- Italian potatoes with salsa verde
- Roasted Cauliflower and potatoes
- Roasted Cauliflower with tahini sauce
- Roasted broccoli with garlic
- Chimichurri Vegetables
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Green Beans with Red Chimichurri
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Roasted Italian Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli with Garlic and Herbs
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 heads of broccoli cut into medium florets
- 10 baby potatoes any variety
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees
- Clean your broccoli and potatoes and pat dry
- Cut your broccoli into medium sized florets
- Cut any larger potatoes in half making sure they are all around the same size.
- Mince your garlic
- Add broccoli, potatoes, garlic herbs, salt and pepper to a sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables.
- With your hands, mix it all well and make sure the olive oil coats all the veggies
- Place in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until it begins to brown and caramelize.
- Toss the veggies after 10 minutes in the oven to make sure they cook evenly.
- When fully cooked, serve immediately with your favorite side or as a filling for tacos.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
These were delicious! I love that they were so crisped up after cooking. The garlic and herbs added a wonderful flavor.
I am glad you enjoyed them!
They were the perfect side dish to some roasted chicken I made!
That sounds like a great combo!