Skillet lemon butter chicken is the chicken recipe of your dreams. This lemon chicken recipe is easy, tasty and full of flavor. It is definitely a keeper and one that everyone will love.
About this Lemon Chicken Recipe:
This lemon chicken recipe is very easy to make. The chicken is pounded thin for quick cooking and the lemon butter sauce only takes minutes to come together.
Since there are only a few ingredients to this recipe, you want to make sure that you do not skip any of them. All of the ingredients come together to balance each other out and make the most delicious sauce.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil
- Chicken stock
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Fresh Italian parsley and lemon slices for garnish (optional)
Notes about the ingredients:
As I mentioned earlier, you want to try to not leave out any of these ingredients since they all work so well together. You can omit the Parmesan portion for the chicken if you do not have that on hand and just bread your chicken with a flour and spice mixture.
You can also leave off the garnish portion of the recipe, the parsley and lemon slices. Just make sure you follow the rest of the recipe as is for the best results!
Here are the steps to make this Lemon Chicken:
I told you this lemon chicken was a very easy recipe! The garlic, parmesan, lemon and chicken stock all come together beautifully and taste so amazing.
I really prefer working with chicken stock in all my recipes but you could also use chicken broth here too. If you are really in a pinch, a bouillon cube added to water can also work though it won't be as good as the real thing.
Although parsley is an optional ingredient, I recommend it for two reasons. First, it makes the dish beautiful by adding that pop of color (we eat with our eyes first). Second, parsley actually aids in digestion which makes it a great addition to any meal.
More Chicken Recipes You May Like:
Easy Skillet Lemon Butter Chicken
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts pound thin and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan freshly grated
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Lemon Butter Sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter divided
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped fine. Optional
- lemon slices garnish. Optional
Making the chicken
- On a large plate, mix your flour, Parmesan, salt and oregano.¼ cup Parmesan, ¼ cup All purpose flour, 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Place your chicken breasts one at a time in a large ziploc bag.2 boneless chicken breasts
- Pound thin to about half of its original thickness.
- Cut your pounded out chicken breasts in half to make 4 thin chicken cutlets.
- Dip the chicken into your flour mixture making sure to coat both sides then set aside.
- Pre-heat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add your olive oil.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Now add your chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes a side until the chicken is browned on both sides.
- Remove your chicken from the pan on to a plate and set aside.
Lemon Butter Sauce
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan.4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Add your minced garlic and cook for 10 seconds. The pan is very hot so make sure to not cook the garlic too long or it will burn.4 cloves garlic
- Now add your chicken stock to the hot pan and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan.¼ cup chicken stock
- Add your lemon juice and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.3 tablespoon Lemon juice, 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Taste for any additional salt needed and add more to taste.½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Once the butter has fully melted, place your chicken back into the pan and cook for an additional few minutes to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Top with fresh parsley and lemon slices.2 tablespoon Italian parsley, lemon slices
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here