Oven Roasted green beans with rojo chimichurri is such an amazing way to make green beans. To me, I find green beans to be quite bland and uninteresting but not with this recipe. It is basically roasted green beans with garlic and so many other delicious flavors.
Adding a Rojo chimichurri sauce to the green beans and then roasting them in the oven completely changes how I feel about green beans. It has me loving green beans for the first time in a long time.
If you are not familiar with rojo chimichurri, it is a close cousin to the green chimichurri sauce that everyone loves. It has some tomato added to the sauce and a few other little additions that the green chimichurri does not have.
The Ingredients you will need for the flavorful Chimichurri Sauce are:
- Tomato paste
- apple cider vinegar
- fresh Italian parsley
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
It is really a delicious sauce that goes on to just about anything from meats to vegetables. You can see from the ingredients list that it is going to be loaded with tons of flavor.
Once you have made your sauce the steps to the dish are very simple. Actually, including the time it takes to make the sauce, this whole side dish is very simple.
To make these oven roasted green beans you need to:
- Make your chimichurri sauce
- rinse and dry your green beans
- Toss the green beans and some of your sauce in a large bowl to coat them.
- Spread your green beans on a sheet pan
- Roast until they are fully cooked.
This recipe for oven roasted green beans came from my laziness of not wanting to create another spice blend for my green beans on a day that I already made this delicious chimichurri sauce.
I highly recommend that you make a meat to go with this dish and use the remaining chimichurri sauce you will have on the meat. I make this sauce for a dish of mine called Steaks tips with Rojo Chimichurri Sauce. It is one amazing meal!
If you are looking for a really good oven roasted green beans recipe then this is it! This recipe will not only save you time with doubling as a sauce for meat but it will be a favorite seasoning for green beans. It definitely has me eating green beans more often.
I now will make this chimichurri sauce for the green beans just to make this dish. These are super easy and well worth making because of the delicious flavor!
If you are looking for more delicious side dish ideas, you may also want to check out:
Turmeric Potatoes (one of my new favorites!)
Roasted Green Beans with Rojo Chimichurri
- 1 12 oz bag of green beans cleaned and dried
- ¼ cuo of rojo chimichurri sauce You can get the recipe here
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan add your green beans, olive oil and your chimichurri sauce and mix well to coat all of the green beans.
- Now sprinkle your salt over top. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the green beans begin to brown on the edges and are cooked all the way through.
- Serve Immediately.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here