Roasted cauliflower with potatoes and turmeric is one of my favorite ways to eat cauliflower. Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable already but adding it to a sheet pan with potatoes and spices and then roasting it, tastes unbelievable.
This roasted cauliflower and potatoes recipe is a great healthy side dish and such a winning flavor combo because both vegetables go so well together in terms of both having a mild flavor and both being able to pick up the flavor of spices so well. They caramelize beautifully which makes all the difference when choosing a vegetable for a sheet pan roast.
I absolutely love serving these vegetables along side my Kofta Meatballs. The flavor profiles are very similar and it makes an amazing complete meal for my family.
Roasting your cauliflower and potatoes is better-
If you are not familiar with roasting vegetables, the roasting process really helps create a deep rich flavor and sweetness that you would not get from boiling and steaming. Boiling vegetables should really never happen.
Also, if boil your vegetables, you will lose all nutrients and the flavor will not be as good. I love the roasting process to bring out the natural flavors of the vegetables. I think I just may roast all the vegetables we eat in out home.
More of my roasted vegetable recipes:
- Miso Rubbed Broccolini
- Roasted Italian Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Green Beans with Rojo Chimichurri
- Turmeric Potatoes (ok, not roasted but definitely worth checking out!)
- Roasted Acorn Squash
For this dish and to add extra flavor, I added cumin and turmeric because I love those flavors and the turmeric adds extra health benefits. Turmeric and cumin also are a great pair when they are combined. I am also always looking for ways to sneak some healthy stuff in which is why I have added lots of turmeric.
This dish takes only 20-25 minutes so it is perfect for a healthy weeknight side dish or meal. As I mentioned before, this can be used as a taco filling too which tastes great. I sometimes will just add some avocado and salsa to the tacos to complete it and it is a 100% vegetarian and a 100% delicious taco.
Ways to use this cauliflower and potatoes side dish-
I also like to make a batch of these veggies to add to rice bowls with a protein like grilled chicken or pork. Rice bowls are real heros in the kitchen because it is literally a bed of rice and any toppings you have on hand to create a meal.
This side dish is also great to use as a delicious veggie filling for tacos as a cauliflower taco recipe. You can add these roasted veggies to a quiche during the weeknights and it is perfect for a healthy filling (that recipe is coming soon!) You can get creative and use it as a filling for omelettes too!
However you decide to use this recipe, it will be delicious!
Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes with Cumin and Turmeric
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 6 medium red potatoes cut into large cubes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Clean your cauliflower and potatoes and pat dry
- Cut your cauliflower into medium sized florets
- Cut you potatoes into large cubes (quarter the potatoes and cut those in half) making sure they are all around the same size
- Mince your garlic
- In a large bowl, add all of your ingredients (garlic, olive oil, spices, potatoes and cauliflower)
- With your hands, mix it all well and make sure the olive oil coats all the veggies
- Pour on to a large sheet pan (or 2 small sheet pans)
- Place in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until it begins to brown and caramelize.
- Toss the veggies after 10 minutes in the oven to make sure they cook evenly.
- When fully cooked, serve immediately with your favorite side or as a filling for tacos.