I don’t know about you but I love roasted vegetables with just about any meal! Roasted cauliflower and potatoes is a winning combo because they go with so many things or make a great filling for tacos. The roasting process when cooking vegetables really helps create a deep rich flavor and sweetness that you would not get from boiling and steaming. For extra flavor, I added cumin and turmeric because I love those flavors and the turmeric adds extra health benefits.
This dish takes only 20-25 minutes so it is perfect for a healthy weeknight side dish or meal. As I mentioned before, this can be used as a taco filling too which tastes great. I sometimes will just add some avocado and salsa to the tacos to complete it and it is a 100% vegetarian and delicious taco. I will also make a batch of these veggies to add to rice bowls with a protein like grilled chicken or pork.
However you decide to use this recipe, it will be delicious!
Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes with Cumin and Turmeric
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 6 medium red potatoes cut into large cubes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Clean your cauliflower and potatoes and pat dry
- Cut your cauliflower into medium sized florets
- Cut you potatoes into large cubes (quarter the potatoes and cut those in half) making sure they are all around the same size
- Mince your garlic
- In a large bowl, add all of your ingredients (garlic, olive oil, spices, potatoes and cauliflower)
- With your hands, mix it all well and make sure the olive oil coats all the veggies
- Pour on to a large sheet pan (or 2 small sheet pans)
- Place in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until it begins to brown and caramelize.
- Toss the veggies after 10 minutes in the oven to make sure they cook evenly.
- When fully cooked, serve immediately with your favorite side or as a filling for tacos.