Roasted cauliflower and potatoes with turmeric is one of my favorite ways to eat cauliflower. These roasted veggies are such an easy and versatile side dish. Try these roasted potatoes and cauliflower on their own or as a filling for tacos or new addition to rice bowls and you will see how delicious it is.
Why I Love This Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes Recipe
This roasted cauliflower and potato recipe is a great healthy side dish and such a winning flavor combo. Both vegetables roast so well AND go so well together. I love that they both have a mild flavor and pick up the flavor of spices so well.
Potatoes and cauliflower caramelize beautifully which makes all the difference when choosing a vegetable for a sheet pan roast. I also make a similar dish of roasted potatoes and broccoli which is very similar in idea only with broccoli and different spices.
I often serve these vegetables along side my Kofta Meatballs, my cast iron chicken breasts or my cast iron boneless pork chops. The flavor profiles are very similar and it makes an amazing complete meal for my family.
There are only a few ingredients you will need to make this:
- Red potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
I would bet you already have most of the spices for this roasted cauliflower and potatoes recipe in your pantry.
To add extra flavor to this cauliflower and potato recipe, I added cumin and turmeric because I love those flavors and the turmeric adds extra health benefits. Turmeric and cumin also are a great pair when they are combined.
How to make roasted cauliflower and potatoes
Making this could not be any easier. You are merely prepping the veggies, addding them to a sheet pan with spices and roastin them.
Here are all the steps:
- Prep cauliflower and potatoes.
- Dice garlic.
- Add everything to a large sheet pan.
- Add cumin and turmeric.
- Mix together with your hands.
- Place in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
So simple! It comes out so delicious everytime.
This dish takes only 20-25 minutes so it is perfect for a healthy weeknight side dish or meal. These roasted cauliflower and potatoes can be used as a taco filling too which tastes great.
I sometimes will just add some avocado dip and roasted salsa to the tacos to complete it and it is a 100% vegetarian and a 100% delicious taco.
Why roasting your cauliflower and potatoes is better
If you are not familiar with roasting vegetables, the roasting process really helps create a deep rich flavor and sweetness that you would not get from boiling and steaming.
I love the roasting process because it brings out the natural flavors of the vegetables and it also adds a delicious caramelization to them. When you make this roasted cauliflower and potatoes recipe, you will see what I mean.
How to serve this cauliflower and potatoes side dish
I really like to make a batch of these veggies to add to rice bowls with a protein like grilled satay chicken or pork. Rice bowls are real heroes in the kitchen because it is literally a bed of rice and any toppings you have on hand to create a meal.
This roasted cauliflower and potatoes side dish is also great to use as a delicious veggie filling for tacos. You can add these roasted veggies to a quiche during the weeknights and it is perfect for a healthy filling (that recipe is coming soon!)
You can get creative and use it as a filling for omelettes too! However you decide to use this recipe, it will be delicious!
No! You are going to fully cook the potatoes in the oven. To make sure the cauliflower and potatoes cook at the same time, you cut the potatoes into smaller pieces.
This is one that a lot of people struggle with and there are a few things you can do to achieve a perfectly crisp potato.
The first thing you want to do is make sure you are using a high heat when roasting. Always make sure to toss your veggies and potatoes half way through the cooking process.
If you are looking for ideas for what to serve with these roasted cauliflower and potatoes, here are some ideas:
More roasted vegetable recipes:
- Miso Rubbed Broccolini
- Roasted Italian Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Green Beans with Rojo Chimichurri
- Turmeric Potatoes (ok, technically not roasted but they are definitely worth checking out!)
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dipping Sauce
- Roasted Vegetables with Chimichurri Sauce
- Italian Salsa Verde Potatoes
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
- Roasted Broccoli
Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes with Cumin and Turmeric
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 6 medium red potatoes cut into large cubes
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Clean your cauliflower and potatoes and pat dry
- Cut your cauliflower into medium sized florets
- Cut you potatoes into large cubes (quarter the potatoes and cut those in half) making sure they are all around the same size
- Mince your garlic
- In a large bowl, add all of your ingredients (garlic, olive oil, spices, potatoes and cauliflower)
- With your hands, mix it all well and make sure the olive oil coats all the veggies
- Pour on to a large sheet pan (or 2 small sheet pans)
- Place in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until it begins to brown and caramelize.
- Toss the veggies after 10 minutes in the oven to make sure they cook evenly.
- When fully cooked, serve immediately with your favorite side or as a filling for tacos.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
I really love this recipe! Roasting these two veggies together with all the delicious spices was perfect. So much flavor!
Hi Annie. I am so glad you enjoyed it!
We are definitely taking your suggestion and making tacos with these!