What can be better than roasting asparagus with Parmesan cheese? This is a delicious cheesy asparagus recipe that even the pickiest eaters will love. With just a few simple ingredients you can make this simple roasted parmesan asparagus and have it on the table in no time. Serve this as a side to lemon butter chicken or juicy boneless pork chops for a complete meal everyone will love.
Why You Will Love This
Roasting asparagus is one of the best ways to prepare asparagus. The roasting process helps crisp up and caramelize the asparagus and it really brings out the natural flavors of the asparagus beautifully.
The other part of this recipe, the Parmesan, is the extra little touch that makes everyday asparagus a little more special. It adds a beautifully nutty flavor and makes the asparagus cheesy and delicious. Parmesan and asparagus are a perfect flavor combination.
I love adding this to my ravioli and asparagus pasta for a quick meal.
Ingredients You Will Need
This roasted parmesan asparagus has very few ingredients. Here is what you will need:
- Fresh asparagus. You will need fresh asparagus for this recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese. Try to find the real deal, Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Garlic Powder. I prefer working with garlic powder when roasting vegetables because I find that diced garlic just burns during the roasting process. I do roast whole cloves of garlic sometimes with my roasted vegetables like with my roasted broccoli with whole cloves of garlic. For this recipe, garlic powder is best since we do not want whole cloves.
- Kosher Salt.
- Olive Oil.
- Red pepper flakes (optional).
How to Make
- Add the asparagus to a sheet pan: I like to to keep things as simple as possible and add my asparagus to a sheet pan then throw on all of the other ingredients right over the top (The olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes).
- Add Olive Oil: Once I do this I just use my hands and roll the asparagus back and forth on the sheet pan to make sure everything is incorporated evenly over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan: The Parmesan portion of this roasted asparagus recipe is added on during the last minute or so of cooking. Once you add the grated Parmesan to the roasted asparagus, it will melt really fast and add the most delicious outer layer of flavor to the asparagus.
To make cleanup really easy, line your baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Juicy Pork Chops
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- Chicken Saltimbocca
- Pasta Genovese
- Chicken with Tarragon
- Cast Iron Chicken Breast
More roasted veggies
If you love this parmesan roasted asparagus, you may also like these:
Simple Roasted Asparagus With Parmesan
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- sheet pan
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus cleaned and bottom inch cut and discarded
- ½ cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional. Will not be spicy
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Grab a large sheet pan.
- Add cleaned and trimmed asparagus to the sheet pan.1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- Now drizzle olive oil over the asparagus.2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add red pepper flakes, garlic and salt.½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- With your hands, roll the asparagus back and forth on the sheet pan to get the asparagus nice and coated with the olive oil and spices.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the asparagus is starting to brown and crisp up at the edges.
- Remove asparagus from the oven and sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan.
- Place back in the oven for 1 minute to melt the Parmesan.½ cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- After one minute, remove the asparagus from the oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here