Roasted broccoli with whole cloves of garlic is definitely my newest obsession and such a delicious and easy roasted broccoli recipe. If you love buttery roasted garlic then you will absolutely love this recipe. Whole cloves of garlic alongside the broccoli are roasted in the oven until both are crisped on the outside and the garlic is soft and buttery. It is so good!
About this Baked Broccoli Recipe:
I really love roasting broccoli in the oven and I love the combination of broccoli and garlic together. I have a recipe, charred broccoli with lemon that I have been making for years with minced garlic in it that is on rotation at least twice a month.
With this broccoli recipe, I decided to add the whole cloves of garlic into the mix and I have to say that not only is it easier to make (no chopping garlic) but I absolutely love rubbing the cooked broccoli around in the soft buttery roasted garlic that is produced when you roast the garlic.
I also like to top this roasted broccoli with some fresh lemon and a little Parmesan at the end. If you want to skip the Parmesan part that is totally fine but do try to add that fresh lemon after cooking.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- One head of fresh garlic. Try to use a small head of garlic for this recipe so the garlic roasts quickly. If you only have access to elephant garlic or a really large head of garlic, you will need to cut the cloves in half.
- Lemon. This is for squeezing on at the end.
- Olive oil.
- Kosher Salt
- Parmesan Cheese. Optional but delicious with this recipe.
How to make this roasted broccoli garlic:
You do not need to do much to make this recipe except chop the broccoli into florets and remove the paper skins from the garlic. Add all of the ingredients to a sheet (except the lemon and Parmesan which goes on at the end) and bake on a high heat.
Pro Tip: To make this roasted broccoli recipe even easier, skip prepping your own broccoli and buy pre-packed broccoli florets at the grocery store.
More Broccoli Recipes You Will Love:
- Roasted Broccoli with Lemon
- Orecchiette with Sausage and Broccoli
- Pasta with Broccoli and Truffle Cream Sauce
- Roasted Broccolini with Asian Dipping Sauce. Broccoli can easily be subbed for the broccolini in this recipe.
Roasted Broccoli with Whole Cloves of Garlic
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 heads of broccoli cleaned and florets trimmed from stalk.
- 1 small head of garlic Garlic cloves separated and skins removed. If your garlic cloves are large, cut them in half lengthwise so they roast in the the same amount of time as the broccoli.
- ½ lemon for squeezing over the broccoli after roasting.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, add broccoli, garlic, olive oil, salt and mix it all together making sure to coat everything in the olive oil.2 heads of broccoli, 1 small head of garlic, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning your broccoli half way through.
- Your broccoli is ready when it starts to get a char on all the edges of the florets and the garlic is easy to press down with the back of a fork.
- Remove from oven and squeeze your lemon all over the top of the broccoli and sprinkle on your freshly grated Parmesan.½ lemon, ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here