Pasta with broccoli and truffle sauce is a decadent and delicious pasta recipe that you will want to make on repeat. This creamy truffle pasta is so full of flavor and hands down the best pasta with broccoli recipe you can make. You really need to make this recipe!
About this pasta with broccoli recipe:
This pasta with truffle sauce was a creation by my daughter who is an amazing cook. If you love the flavor of truffles then you will love this recipe.
This recipe uses truffle oil for the cream sauce but you can also use truffle butter or fresh truffles. I will show you in the recipe below the best way (and correct proportions) to do that.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this pasta and broccoli with truffle sauce:
- Broccoli (fresh not frozen).
- Pancetta. You can find this in the specialty cheese section or deli of your local grocery store.
- Heavy cream. This is a creamy truffle sauce!
- Parmesan cheese. Good quality!
- Truffle oil.
- Red pepper flakes. It will not be spicy.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper. I always use kosher salt.
About the ingredients:
The ingredients are not too complicated. I always have pancetta in the freezer and Parmesan in the fridge. Truffle oil is something that you buy once and it lasts a long time in your pantry. Of course, once you make this truffle pasta you may use up that truffle oil pretty quickly because you will want to make this dish a lot.
For the broccoli portion of this recipe, I roast the broccoli in the oven to keep the integrity of the broccoli intact. I like a nice charred broccoli with this pasta and roasting it does just that. I also make this charred broccoli as a side dish because I really love it!
Here are the steps to make the entire recipe:
- Roast the broccoli.
- Cook your pasta.
- Start making the cream sauce by sautéing your pancetta, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Then add your cream and Parmesan.
- Simmer on low for a few minutes.
- Add your cooked pasta to the cream sauce.
- Add the charred broccoli to the pasta and lightly toss together.
This whole dish takes only 30 minutes to make and it looks and tastes like something you spent all day on. The cream sauce needs only 15 minutes and the rest of the time is roasting the broccoli and cooking your pasta.
This truffle pasta is definitely a keeper recipe. It is very easy and it makes such a wonderful weeknight meal even when you are short on time.
For more Italian pasta recipes:
- Pasta Genovese. This is an Italian pasta served with a meat onion ragu and so good.
- Spaghetti aglio e olio (pasta with garlic and olive oil). This is our version of fast food.
- Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli. This is one of the first dishes we serve to kids in our family to get them to eat vegetables. Adults love it just as much.
- Farfalle with Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta. A quick Fall pasta that is big on flavor and easy enough for a weeknight meal.
- Italian Gnocchi with Kale and Parmesan Cream. Ok technically gnocchi is not pasta but it goes down the same IN MY OPINION 🙂 This is really delicious.
Pasta with Broccoli and Truffle Cream Sauce
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 lb pasta penne
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated plus more for serving
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 ounces pancetta diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more for the pasta water
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil or 2 tablespoons of truffle butter. If you are using fresh truffles just finely shave the truffles and serve them as a garnish on top of the pasta before serving.
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean and cut your broccoli into florets and add to a large sheet pan.
- Drizzle the broccoli with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt over the broccoli.
- With your hands, mix the olive oil and salt into your broccoli so it is evenly coated.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until is starts to char on the edges and is cooked all the way through then turn off oven and leave broccoli there to stay warm.
- In a large sauté pan over medium , add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add your pancetta and red pepper flakes to the olive oil and cook until the pancetta starts to crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the garlic to the sauté pan and cook for one minute.
- Now add the heavy cream and mix well.
- Add the Parmesan, truffle oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Cook the cream sauce for a few minutes on low heat.
- Once the cream sauce thickens a bit turn off the heat and place a lid on top.
- Now your pasta water should be boiling.
- Add a large handful of kosher salt to the pot and add your pasta.
- Cook according to manufacturers instructions for al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the cream sauce and gently toss together
- Remove your broccoli from the oven and add it to the pasta.
- Toss gently to combine it all together.
- If cream sauce looks too thick and 1 tablespoon of pasta water at a time until it is a creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here