This pasta with truffle cream sauce and broccoli has simple ingredients, it's easy to make and so delicious. This creamy truffle pasta gets its truffle flavor from truffle oil and it makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
This pasta with truffle cream sauce was created by my daughter who is an amazing cook. She loves truffles! This recipe uses truffle oil to flavor the cream sauce making it more economical than buying fresh truffles.
If you love the flavor of truffles then you will love this recipe.
It is pure Italian comfort food- like my gnocchi with kale. To make things easy and economical, we used truffle oil.
Although this recipe uses truffle oil in the cream sauce you can also use truffle butter or fresh truffles. I will show you in the recipe below the best way (and correct proportions) to do that.
These are all simple ingredients for this creamy truffle pasta recipe. For the best results, try to make sure you use the best quality ingredients you can find.
- Pasta: I prefer a tubed-shaped pasta like ziti since it holds that delicious sauce so much better.
- Broccoli: (fresh not frozen). For the broccoli portion of this recipe, I roast the broccoli in the oven to keep the integrity of the broccoli intact. I like a nice charred broccoli with this creamy pasta and roasting it does just that.
- Pancetta: You can find this in the specialty cheese section or deli of your local grocery store. You can use bacon if you cannot find it.
- Heavy cream: This is a creamy truffle sauce!
- Garlic: You want to use fresh garlic here.
- Parmesan cheese. Good quality!
- Truffle oil.
- Red pepper flakes: It will not be spicy.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper: I always use kosher salt.
Truffle oil tip:
Truffle oil is something that you buy once and it lasts a long time in your pantry. Of course, once you make this truffle pasta you may use up that truffle oil pretty quickly because you will want to make this dish a lot.
How to make this easy pasta with truffle cream sauce
This creamy truffle oil pasta comes together so quickly. Here are the steps (full recipe below)
- Roast the broccoli: the broccoli tastes so much better when it is cooked separately from the sauce and added later.
- Cook your pasta: Make sure to cook it just until al dente.
- Make the truffle cream sauce: This is sautéing your pancetta, garlic, and red pepper flakes then adding the cream, Parmesan and truffle oil.
- Combine: Add the cooked pasta to the cream sauce then add the roasted broccoli and mix well.
This whole dish takes only 30 minutes to make and it looks and tastes like something you spent all day on. The truffle oil cream sauce needs only 15 minutes and the rest of the time is roasting the broccoli and cooking your pasta.
This truffle pasta is definitely a keeper recipe. It is very easy and it makes such a wonderful weeknight meal even when you are short on time.
Best Truffle Oil To Use
There are usually two different types of truffle oil that you can find in specialty food stores, black truffle oil or white truffle oil. Which one you buy and use is just a matter of preference and price and either one will work fine.
When buying truffle oil, you want to invest in a good quality truffle oil that uses real truffles. It will usually made of olive oil that is infused with real truffles.
You can find this information on the ingredients list of the truffle oil bottle.
If you do not have truffle oil but still want that delicious truffle flavor in the cream sauce, here are some variations:
- Use fresh truffles: If you want to use fresh truffles, just shave off about ¼ of a fresh truffle into the cream sauce right before serving and mix well.
- Use truffle salt: Truffle salt can be a great alternative to using truffle oil. If you do go this route, omit the salt in the recipe.
For leftovers, this creamy pasta stores really well in a covered air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, just place in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through.
More Recipes With Broccoli
If you love this creamy truffle pasta recipe with broccoli, you may also like these:
For more Italian recipes
- Pasta alla Genovese. This is an Italian pasta served with a meat onion ragu and so good.
- Spaghetti aglio e olio (pasta with garlic and olive oil). This is our version of fast food.
- Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli. This is one of the first dishes we serve to kids in our family to get them to eat vegetables. Adults love it just as much.
- Pasta with Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta. A quick Fall pasta that is big on flavor and easy enough for a weeknight meal.
- Gnocchi with Kale and Parmesan Cream. Okay technically gnocchi is not pasta but it goes down the same IN MY OPINION 🙂 This is really delicious.
- Cheese Tortellini. This one is so easy and it has the most amazing tortellini sauce.
- Chicken Saltimbocca. A simple and delicious chicken and prosciutto recipe that is ready in no time.
Pasta with Truffle Cream Sauce And Broccoli
- 1 lb pasta penne
- 1 head of broccoli coarse chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Truffle Cream Sauce
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated plus more for serving
- 4 ounces pancetta diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more for the pasta water
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil or 2 tablespoons of truffle butter. If you are using fresh truffles just finely shave the truffles and serve them as a garnish on top of the pasta before serving.
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean and cut your broccoli into florets and add to a large sheet pan.1 head of broccoli
- Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil.2 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle kosher salt over the broccoli.¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- With your hands, mix the olive oil and salt into your broccoli so it is evenly coated.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until is starts to char on the edges and is cooked all the way through then turn off oven and leave broccoli there to stay warm.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat , add olive oil.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add your pancetta and red pepper flakes to the olive oil and cook until the pancetta starts to crisp, about 5 minutes.4 ounces pancetta, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the garlic to the sauté pan and cook for one minute.3 cloves garlic
- Now add the heavy cream and mix well.1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Add the Parmesan, truffle oil and salt and mix well.¼ cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon truffle oil, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook the cream sauce for a few minutes on low heat.
- Once the cream sauce thickens a bit turn off the heat and place a lid on top.
- Now your pasta water should be boiling.
- Add a large handful of kosher salt to the pot and add your pasta.1 lb pasta
- Cook according to manufacturers instructions for al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the cream sauce and gently toss together
- Remove your broccoli from the oven and add it to the pasta.
- Toss gently to combine it all together.
- If cream sauce looks too thick and 1 tablespoon of pasta water at a time until it is a creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!