If you are looking for a quick cocktail to make that tastes amazing, this gin and tonic with grapefruit and St Germain is just that! All of the flavors from grapefruit juice, grapefruit bitters, and a sweet and delicious elderflower liquor make this one amazing cocktail. It is a very easy and very tasty grapefruit cocktail that everyone will love.
If you love gin and tonic, you will love this grapefruit version even more! This grapefruit gin and tonic has a touch of St Germain elderflower liquor that really compliments the grapefruit and gin so well.
If you've been following me for a while, then it is no secret that I love grapefruit. It can be found in many of my recipes like my caramelized grapefruit or my grapefruit popsicles. This recipe is my latest obsession because of how easy it is to make and how much flavor is in this cocktail.
The addition of elderflower liquor also adds a little sweetness. My husband puts it in almost all his cocktails these days!
What You'll Need
- Gin. Your favorite brand. Try to make sure it is the best quality and one you like to drink.
- Grapefruit juice: This is the star ingredient in this gin and tonic.
- Tonic: Any brand will do. This is the mixer for this cocktail.
- Grapefruit bitters (optional): I like a little extra kick of grapefruit so I add these grapefruit bitters to my cocktail.
- St Germain Liquor: This elderflower liquor is the sweetness in the cocktail and it adds a beautiful elderflower flavor.
There are just a few ingredients to make this absolutely amazing grapefruit cocktail. It is the perfect drink during Winter when grapefruits are in season or in the summer when you want a nice refreshing cocktail.
How to make a St Germain grapefruit gin and tonic
For the full recipe, scroll down to the bottom of the post.
- Fill. Add ice, gin, St Germain, grapefruit, and grapefruit bitters to a glass.
- Stir. Stir it well.
- Top off. Top off with tonic and give it another light stir then enjoy!
Additions and Variations
You can add a sweet liquor like we did here with the addition of St Germain or add a little fruit juice or simple syrup.
Absolutely. We add grapefruit juice for more flavor but you can also add other flavored juices or flavored simple syrups.
For more cocktail ideas
- Aperol and Soda
- Chartreuse and Gin Cocktail
- Lavender and Chartreuse Sour
- Aperol Sangria
- Spiced Pear and Vodka Cocktail
- Baileys Martini
Gin and Tonic with Grapefruit and St Germain
- 2 ounces of tonic water
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed grapefruit juice or store bought
- 1.5 ounces Gin
- 1.5 ounces St Germain
- 2 shakes of grapefruit bitters
- ice cubes I love using 1 large ice cube for my cocktails but use whatever ice you have on hand
- In a medium glass add your iceice cubes
- Now add your St Germain, Gin, bitters, grapefruit juice and then tonic2 ounces of tonic water, 2 ounces fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, 1.5 ounces Gin, 1.5 ounces St Germain, 2 shakes of grapefruit bitters
- Give it a light stir with a cocktail stirrer or spoon
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!