Lavender water is a wonderful way to use this fragrant herb in your recipes. It is very fragrant and delicious when it is used in the right proportions in your food and drinks and this easy lavender recipe will convince you of that.
This lavender water recipe is easy to make and perfectly balanced since it is not too strong and not too weak. Then end result is amazing and it almost lends a slight sugar cookie flavor to whatever it is added to.
If you have tried other lavender recipes thinking you did not like it then you should really try this recipe. It's really easy and to make this lavender water, you need only 2 ingredients, lavender and water!
The key as I mentioned above is perfecting that balance of the two. Luckily, I was just at a lavender farm and festival and there I learned the perfect proportions and I haven't stopped making this since.
It is literally made each week in my house. My favorite new obsession with it is to use it in my homemade lavender lemonade. The addition of the lavender doesn't taste like lavender but instead it lends a bakery sweet note that just cannot be explained. I just call it a sugar cookie taste even though there is no added sugar from it.
Here are the steps to making this easy lavender recipe:
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- When the water is ready, in a small carafe or jar add your water to 2 teaspoons of dried lavender buds.
- Let this come to room temperature.
- Let this steep for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the lavender buds.
- Use in your favorite recipes!
Many people believe lavender has health benefits and it is a calming herb. If you wanted to make this just as a tea just add a little honey to some hot lavender water and maybe a slice of lemon to go with it.
This lavender water would also go great in an ice cream base if you make homemade ice cream. I think I will be trying this out next! To date, my absolute favorite way to use this lavender water is in lemonade and cocktails.
I do think more lavender water recipes are in my future though!
Easy and Refreshing Lavender Water
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- In a medium sauce pan add your water and bring to a boil.
- Measure out 2 teaspoons of dried lavender buds into a a medium or large carafe or mason jar.
- Add your boiling water to the jar.
- Let the mixture come to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 24 hour in your refrigerator with a lid on top.
- Use in any recipe that calls for water (tea, lemonade, cocktails, etc).
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here