This easy to make spiced pear and vodka cosmopolitan is the perfect Fall and Winter pear cocktail and so easy to make. This pear and vodka cosmopolitan gets its pear flavor from a pear simple syrup and a pear liqueur and it is so delicious.
If you like easy drinks and you like pears then this pear cocktail is for you. I love pears and I think they are a delicious Fall fruit that tastes great in cocktails, like in this recipe or in desserts like my pear frangipane tart.
I also like easy recipes and with this pear cocktail, the only step that you need to do ahead of time is make the pear simple syrup. This simple syrup is a lot of the flavor in this pear cocktail and it is very easy to make.
Here is what you need to make the pear simple syrup:
- Fresh pears. You can use frozen and thawed pears as well.
- Granulated sugar.
To make the pear simple syrup:
Combine all of your simple syrup ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Once the sugar completely dissolves you take the simple syrup off of the heat and place a lid on top and let it rest.
You will want to plan ahead for this part since the syrup needs about an hour to rest and let the flavor from the pears infuse into the syrup.
The rest of the ingredients that you will need for this recipe can be purchased at your local liquor store. This pear cosmopolitan is as easy as adding the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shaking well.
Here are all of the ingredients you will need for this spiced pear cocktail:
- A good quality vodka like Grey Goose Vodka, Absolut Vodka or Titos Vodka.
- Pear liqueur. This is not the same as pear cognac. Pear liqueur can be found in most liquor stores.
- Pear simple syrup.
- Fresh lemon wedges.
The spice flavor in this spiced pear and vodka cosmopolitan is from the cinnamon that is added when making the simple syrup. You can spice it up even more with a tablespoon of freshly grated ginger and that would be really delicious with the pear flavor.
Making this cocktail:
Once you have all of your ingredients you are going to add your pear liqueur, pear simple syrup, vodka and fresh squeezed lemon to a cocktail shaker. Place the lid on tightly and shake well for one minute.
Pour into a martini glass that has been dipped into simple syrup then dipped into some sugar and garnish with a fresh sliced pear.
This spiced pear and vodka cosmopolitan is the perfect Fall and Winter cocktail. It definitely deserves a spot on your table during the holidays and get togethers and everyone will love it.
Spiced Pear and Vodka Cosmopolitan
Pear simple syrup
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Pears Cut into sliced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Pear Liqueur
- 1 ounce Pear Simple Syrup
- 1 lemon quarter
Pear simple syrup
- Add your water, granulated sugar, cinnamon and sliced pears to a medium pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved remove the pot from the heat and place a lid on it.
- Let the pears steep in the syrup for about 30 minutes or until the syrup comes to room temperature.
- Once the syrup has come to room temperature, strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a container.
Adding a sugar rim to your glass
- Grab two small plates with sides.
- Pour ¼ cup of your pear simple syrup into one of your plates.
- Pour ¼ cup of granulated sugar on to the other plate.
- Take your martini glass and dip the top into the simple syrup first then into the sugar.
Making the Cocktail
- Grab a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with a cup of ice, your vodka, pear liqueur and pear simple syrup.
- Shake for at least 30 seconds.
- Strain into your martini glass.
- Garnish with a fresh pear slice.