I’m sharing another delicious and easy cocktail with my gin and a new favorite, chartreuse. If you have never heard of chartreuse other than the fact that it is also the name of a color, then you are in for a treat!
Chartreuse is made from over 130 different herbs and originates in France dating back in the 1600’s. This liqueur is still made the same way today that it was then and it is full of those herb flavors. It’s color is naturally green as well which I like. It is a very strong liqueur (around 110 proof) so we only need to add a little of this stuff.
This cocktail is very easy to make and very festive looking because of it’s green color. It is great for the holidays or just to make when it’s you and a friend chatting about the day.
I hope you give this one a try!
Chartreuse and Gin Cocktail
- martini glass, cocktail shaker and strainer
- 1 1/2 ounce of good gin
- 3 tbsp simple syrup I used a grape nectar sweetener for this but you can use any flavored simple syrup or just plain
- 1/2 ounce chartreuse liqueur
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch of cayenne optional but I like the slight heat from this in the drink
- 1/8 tsp fresh grated ginger
- In a cocktail shaker, add all of you ingredients and a handful of ice
- Place a lid over top and shake well
- Pour through a strainer into a martini glass
You May Also Like