This dish is a simple way to enjoy grapefruit and end any meal. The sugar added to to the top of the grapefruit and then broiled adds a sweet twist to the this delicious winter fruit.
- 1 large pink grapefruit cut in half
- 2 tbsp of course brown sugar
- Pre-heat your broiler to high heat.
- With a sharp knife, cut your grapefruit in half and then cut all along the outer edge of the flesh of your grapefruit, loosening it from the skin.
- Now take your knife and cut along each section of the grapefruit as to release it from the inner membrane of the fruit. Now sprinkle 1 tbsp of brown sugar on each half of your grapefruit.
- Place your 2 grapefruit halves on to a baking sheet and place under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes until you see the edges of the grapefruit start to brown and the sugar bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a minute as it will be hot.
- To serve: This is great just on it’s own or you can add a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top.