A creamy vanilla milkshake with, coffee (just a touch) and Baileys Irish Cream that you will drink down and ask for more! This boozy milkshake is my favorite way to drink Baileys Irish Cream and it is really simple to make. This Baileys milkshake can be made for one person or a group and I promise it will be appreciated by all.
About this Baileys Irish Cream Milkshake
Boozy Milkshakes are so good and this Boozy Baileys milkshake is one of my favorites! This milkshake recipe has Baileys Irish Cream, a touch of coffee (optional but recommended), good quality vanilla ice cream and milk.
This Baileys milkshake is one of the best darn tasting milk shakes you will ever drink! Seriously!
We down these so fast. It is such a great Baileys drink recipe.
The star ingredient in this boozy milk shake recipe is Baileys Irish cream. Many people drink Irish cream, but do not know what it is made of but I will explain that below.
I really do love this Irish cream milkshake. If I am not whipping up this easy boozy milkshake, you can bet I will be sipping on a Baileys martini!
Baileys Irish Cream is made up of
- Irish Whiskey
They call it the original Irish cream because there are in fact other similar products on the market but Baileys was the first to make it. I am certainly glad they did!
You can certainly use any Irish cream brand that is available. Just make sure you are using Irish cream for this recipe.
Boozy milkshake recipe
This Boozy Baileys milkshake takes very few ingredients to make. You will want a nice strong blender to get a creamy texture.
Using a nice high powered blender will ensure you do not have to add to much liquid. The less liquid, the thicker thee milkshake!
The ingredients to make this Boozy Baileys Milkshake
- Vanilla Ice Cream. I prefer using vanilla ice cream when I make this Baileys milkshake but you could certainly use chocolate if you prefer.
- Baileys Irish Cream (or any brand of Irish Cream). This is an Irish cream milkshake so baileys Irish cream or another brand is needed.
- Milk. Milk will help thin the Irish cream milkshakes. You only need a little!
- Coffee (optional but it really tastes great)
- Whipped Cream. This is for the topping
- Chocolate syrup. For decorating the inside of the glass (optional)
There are three main ingredients in this Baileys milkshake recipe and 2 optional ones. That is very manageable and worth it for a delicious milkshake.
The coffee used in this recipe can be leftover coffee from the morning or a little instant espresso like I used here. If you do plan on sleeping, I would caution on using the espresso too close to bedtime if you are making this at night.
Again this part is optional. I think the coffee really compliments the flavor of the Irish cream.
How to make these Baileys milkshakes
Making this Baileys milkshake is so easy. Here are what the steps look like.
- Scoop your vanilla ice cream into your blender.
- Add your coffee if you are using
- Add some milk
- Add your Baileys
- Mix really well until smooth and creamy.
Blending this milkshake in the blender
If you find that your Baileys milkshake is too thick or not blending well just add a tablespoon more of milk at a time until it moves freely. Make sure you give your blender some time to mix before adding extra liquids.
As they say, you can always add but you can't take away 🙂
This recipe really works best with a high powered blender for this reason. If you do not have a high powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec, you will want to periodically stop the blender and take off the lid and with a long stirring spoon or similar, mash down some of the ingredients.
To make the thickest boozy milkshake, you want to make sure you are not relying on a lot of liquid to get the milkshake blended.
Toppings for these Irish Cream Milkshakes
This Baileys milkshake recipe uses whipped cream for the topping along with a little chocolate syrup. If you want to add some more toppings or swap some out, here are some ideas:
- Baileys Irish cream whipped cream. Just add a little Baileys to the whipped cream portion of this recipe and whip it up well.
- Caramel sauce. This would be great drizzled over the top.
- Sprinkles. Doesn't everything look better with sprinkles! Chocolate sprinkles or rainbow sprinkles would look so festive.
- Maraschino cherry. Cherry toppings for milkshake are a classic!
Ideas for serving
This alcoholic milkshake makes a great drink for anytime of year. I also love making these on St Patricks day each year.
I will make these in the evening for my husband and myself and make my no-knead Irish soda bread in the morning for everyone to enjoy throughout the day! That is a great recipe to check out by the way which came from my husband's time living in Ireland.
This Baileys Drink recipe is so easy, customizable and so good. It really doesn't get any easier than this unless you are drinking Baileys over ice (which is also highly recommended).
I hope you give this a try.
Storing your Baileys Irish Cream
Technically, because Baileys has whiskey in it, so it should be safe to keep out after opening. I like to refrigerate mine after opening.
For one, you can drink Baileys Irish Cream over ice and having it chilled already helps. The second reason is it will extend the life of the liquor.
Irish cream is Irish whiskey and cream along with some added sweetener and flavors that are combined to make Irish cream.
Yes. Baileys is the original brand of Irish cream. There are however other brands of Irish cream on the market that are not Baileys. They are all made from cream, sweeteners, flavoring and Irish whisky.
More like this
If you love these Baileys milkshakes, you will also like these:
Easy Boozy Baileys Milkshakes
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- high speed blender
- 1 ½ pints of good quality vanilla ice cream
- 2 shots about 3 ounces of Baileys Irish Cream plus more for topping of your milkshakes
- 1 teaspoon coffee prepared and cooled or espresso
- 2 tablespoon milk plus more as needed for blending
Topping and decoration
- whipped cream for topping
- chocolate syrup (like Hershey's chocolate syrup) For decorating the inside of your glasses
- Grab your blender and set aside 2 medium glasses.
- In your blender add your ice cream, Baileys, coffee (is using) and milk.
- Mix on medium speed (or use your blender function for smoothies) until it becomes smooth. This will take a couple minutes.
- If your mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until it all starts to come together and looks creamy.
For the glasses
- Grab your chocolate syrup and your glasses for the milkshakes.
- Holding a glass sideways, drizzle some syrup inside the glass, rotating the glass at the same time you are drizzling the syrup. Do this until a little syrup is drizzled around all of the inside of the glass.
- Prepare your other milkshake glass the same way.
- Pour your milkshake mixture into the glasses.
- Top with whipped cream
- Drizzle on top a little more of your Baileys Irish cream.
- Serve with a straw, spoon or both.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Love hearing that! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂
Loved the milkshake!
So glad to hear that!
These milkshakes were amazing. Added a little more baileys on top and they were perfect
Made this for myself and my boyfriend and it was just what we needed for a quick dessert