A creamy vanilla milkshake with, coffee (just a touch) and Baileys Irish Cream that you will drink down and ask for more!
Boozy Milkshakes are so good and this Boozy Baileys milkshake is one of my favorites! This milkshake recipe has Baileys Irish Cream, a touch of coffee (optional but recommended), good quality vanilla ice cream and milk.
This is one of the best darn tasting milk shakes you will ever drink! Seriously! We down these so fast. It is such a great Baileys drink recipe.
The star ingredient in this boozy milk shake recipe is Baileys Irish cream. Many people drink it, know about it but do not know what it is.
Baileys Irish Cream is made up of:
- Irish Whiskey
They call it the original Irish cream because there are in fact other similar products on the market but Baileys was the first to make it. I am certainly glad they did!
Storing your Baileys Irish Cream after using it in this milkshake:
Technically, because Baileys has whiskey in it, it should be safe to keep out after opening it however I like to refrigerate mine after opening. For one, you can drink Baileys Irish Cream over ice and having it chilled already helps and the second reason is it will extend the life of the liquor.
Ok, Back to the Boozy milkshake recipe!
This Boozy Baileys milkshake takes very few ingredients to make. You will want a nice strong blender to get a creamy texture.
The ingredients for this Boozy Milkshake recipe are:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Baileys Irish Cream (or any brand of Irish Cream)
- A little coffee (optional but it really tastes great)
- Whipped Cream for the topping
- Chocolate syrup for decorating the inside of the glass (optional)
There are three main ingredients in this Baileys drink recipe and 2 optional ones. That is very manageable and worth it for a delicious milkshake.
The coffee used in this recipe can be leftover coffee from the morning or a little instant espresso like I used here. If you do plan on sleeping, I would caution on using the espresso too close to bedtime if you are making this at night.
Again this part is optional. I think the coffee really compliments the flavor of the Irish cream.
In terms of making this milkshake, that part is also equally easy. Here are what the steps look like.
The steps to make these delicious milkshakes:
- Scoop your vanilla ice cream into your blender.
- Add your coffee if you are using
- Add some milk
- Add your Baileys
- Mix really well until smooth and creamy.
That is it. If you find that your milkshake is too thick or not blending well just add a tablespoon more of milk at a time until it moves freely. Make sure you give your blender some time to mix before adding extra liquids.
As they say, you can always add but you can't take away 🙂
This alcoholic milkshake makes a great drink for anytime of year. I love making these on St Patricks day each year. I will make these in the evening for my husband and myself and make my no-knead Irish soda bread/brown bread in the morning for everyone to enjoy throughout the day! That is a great recipe to check out by the way which came from my husband's time living in Ireland.
This Baileys Drink recipe is so easy, customizable and so good. It really doesn't get any easier than this unless you are drinking Baileys over ice (which is also highly recommended). I hope you give this a try.
Easy Boozy Baileys Milkshakes
- high speed blender
- 1 ½ pints of good quality vanilla ice cream
- 2 shots about 3 ounces of Baileys Irish Cream plus more for topping of your milkshakes
- 1 teaspoon coffee prepared and cooled or espresso
- 2 tablespoon milk plus more as needed for blending
Topping and decoration
- whipped cream for topping
- chocolate syrup (like Hershey's chocolate syrup) For decorating the inside of your glasses
- Grab your blender and 4 medium glasses.
- In your blender add your ice cream, Baileys, coffee (is using) and milk.
- Mix on medium speed (or use your blender function for smoothies) until it becomes smooth. This will take a couple minutes.
- If your mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until it all starts to come together and looks creamy.
For the glasses
- Grab your chocolate syrup and your glasses for the milkshakes.
- Holding a glass sideways, drizzle some syrup inside the glass, rotating the glass at the same time you are drizzling the syrup. Do this until a little syrup is drizzled around all of the inside of the glass.
- Prepare your other milkshake glasses the same way.
- Pour your milkshake mixture into all of your glasses evenly.
- Top with whipped cream
- Drizzle on top a little more of your Baileys Irish cream.
- Serve with a straw, spoon or both.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here