This pear simple syrup is a delicious sweet and spiced pear syrup that requires just a few ingredients and minimal hands on time to make. The pear syrup makes a great addition to your cocktails and drinks and it couldn't be any easier to make.
Making simple syrups are one of my all time favorite quick ways to add flavor to drinks. I was recipe testing a delicious spiced pear martini when I came up with this delicious pear syrup recipe.
The idea behind this spiced pear drink was inspired from a visit to a local restaurant and it was so delicious we had to figure out how to re-create it at home.
The pears really blend in so well in the simple syrup and that little bit of cinnamon that is added makes it taste like all things Fall and Winter! I think you will want to add it to all your cocktails once you try it.
Ingredients you will need
- Fresh pears. You can also use frozen pears or canned pears in their own juice. Just try to stay away from canned pears that are in syrup since they are already sweet.
- Cinnamon. I like using ground cinnamon in this simple syrup since it blends in to the warm syrup and adds a darker hue to my cocktails. You can also use cinnamon sticks if you prefer.
If you would prefer a plain pear simple syrup, just follow the recipe the same and omit the cinnamon portion.
How to Make This Pear Simple Syrup
The first thing you want to do is add the sugar and water to a small sauce pan over medium heat.
Now you are going to add the sliced pears (you can leave the skins on) and cinnamon to the pot and bring it to a gentle simmer. You don't want to boil this syrup because we are not making candy 🙂
Just bring it to a light simmer, make sure the sugar is fully dissolved, simmer lightly for one minute then remove it from the heat.
Once it has been removed from the heat, give it a good stir and place a lid on the pot. Let the pears and cinnamon steep in the simple syrup for a bit.
I like to let the pears steep until the simple syrup comes to room temperature.
After that, just pour it all through a fine mesh sieve and bottle the syrup up. Make sure to place it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
My favorite ways to use this simple syrup
My absolute favorite way to use this syrup is for the spiced pear cocktail that I mentioned earlier. It really is amazing!
I have also tried this drizzled over my ricotta pancakes and vanilla scones and it was delicious over both of them. You only need a little 🙂
This syrup makes a great addition to hot tea, iced tea or any dessert that goes well with pear and cinnamon.
Pear Simple Syrup with Cinnamon
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
Pear simple syrup
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Pears Any variety, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
Pear simple syrup
- Add your water, granulated sugar, cinnamon and sliced pears to a medium pot over medium heat.1 cup Granulated Sugar, 1 cup Water, 2 Pears, 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Bring to a simmer.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved keep simmering lightly for one minute then remove the pot from the heat and place a lid on it.
- Let the pears steep in the syrup for about 30 minutes or until the syrup comes to room temperature.
- Once the syrup has come to room temperature, strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a container.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
This was great. A great quick way to add flavor to just plain vodka or gin which is what we did. So good
We really enjoyed this! We made it for cocktails and it was really yummy