Zucchini and chorizo galette is a delicious and easy savory galette recipe that you will want to make all the time. This is a really easy galette recipe that will help you have dinner on the table in no time and everyone will be impressed!
About this savory galette:
If you have never made galettes, they are really easy to make and there are so many options for what to add on as toppings. I pretty much make one every couple weeks.
Savory galettes are basically like a really easy pizza made with pie crust. When you think of it that way, you can start to experiment more with new toppings.
For this savory galette recipe, I chose zucchini, Spanish chorizo and Manchego cheese. I was feeling a more Spanish theme and I love all of these ingredients.
When making this savory galette, you can start with good quality store bought pie crust or you can make your own. Here is my favorite pie crust recipe.
To make this Savory Zucchini and Chorizo Galette you will need:
Spanish Chorizo (not Mexican but Spanish. The Spanish chorizo is cured and firm)
Salt and pepper
I love making this savory galette recipe not just in the summer when zucchini are in season but also all throughout the year. It is really delicious.
You only need to do a little prep work to get the toppings ready for the galette before it goes into the oven and the rest is waiting for it to bake up all golden brown.
Here is how you make this Savory Galette:
- Slice your zucchini and lightly pan fry in olive oil with a little salt and pepper.
- Slice up your chorizo into thin rounds and set aside.
- Roll out your dough.
- Add a little olive oil to your pie crust.
- Start adding your toppings.
- Add your Manchego cheese.
- Fold the edges of your crust inward and press lightly to seal.
That is all there is to it! I hope you try out this savory galette and see that galettes are not just for fruit. Remember to get creative with your toppings and make it your own!
For more galette recipes:
Savory Zucchini and Chorizo Galette
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 6 ounces Spanish Chorizo sliced thin like pepperoni. If you can find pre-sliced Spanish chorizo in the deli section of the grocery store, this will save you some time!
- 1 Zucchini sliced into ¼ inch round slices
- 1 large egg
- 1 disc of pastry dough/or pie crust
- 6 ounces Manchego cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Pre-heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add one tablespoon of your olive oil to the pan.
- Slice your zucchini into about ¼ inch round slices
- Now add your zucchini and cook for about 1 minute on each side. You do not need to cook it all the way through since we are just giving it a bit of a pre-cook before it goes into the oven.
- Remove zucchini from the pan when done and add it to a large plate. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Slice up your chorizo and set aside. Your chorizo does not need to pre-cooked and will cook through in the oven.
- Roll out your dough. Now you can start with store bought pie crust or make your own. Roll it out to about 16-18 inches making sure the crust is not looking see through.
- Once your dough is rolled out. place it on a large baking sheet.
- Take the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil and add it to the top of your dough and spread it out evenly.
- Now add your zucchini and chorizo making sure to mix the ingredients up evenly all over the dough but leaving a one inch border empty around the crust.
- Once your chorizo and zucchini have been added sprinkle your Manchego cheese evenly over the toppings.
- Now fold the outer one inch edge of your crust inwards so that it covers just a little bit of the ingredients.
- Brush the folded crust with an egg wash by taking one egg, whipping it and then using a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the outer crust.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust starts to turn a nice golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here