Rhubarb and gin fizz with Aperol is a delicious and easy drink made with Rhubarb simple syrup, gin, Aperol and tonic water (the fizz). The rhubarb simple syrup works beautifully with the Aperol liquor because Aperol is actually made from Rhubarb, among other ingredients. The gin imparts a light floral note to the drink without overpowering it making it a great choice. This Aperol, Rhubarb and gin cocktail is just delicious.
It is no secret that I love Gin and Aperol and this is not my first recipe that I have written on both of these liquors. My Aperol and soda is a simplified Aperol drink perfect for when you have only a few ingredients on hand.
My St Germain gin and tonic is a delicious and simple gin cocktail that is perfect for all occasions.
Now I have decided to combine my two favorite liquors into one cocktail with this Rhubarb gin fizz.
- Rhubarb Simple Syrup
The Rhubarb simple syrup is made ahead of time so that it has time to cool in the refrigerator before it is used in the cocktail. It only takes 10 minutes to make and is very easy.
I make a good batch of this as I do many of my simple syrups, like this basil simple syrup, and just store them in the refrigerator until I need them. The flavored simple syrups will last weeks in the cold part of your refrigerator.
Cocktails are not the only use for these simple syrups. I love using them in lemonades or any non-alcoholic drinks. You can actually make a big batch of lemonade with the simple syrup and just use that as a cocktail mixer for cocktails.
There are so many uses for it!
Why I love this drink
- You can make a big batch of the simple syrup ahead of time and have it waiting to make many drinks with it.
- The rhubarb simple syrup really compliments the Aperol beautifully
- The gin added to the drink really gives that extra punch to make a sturdy cocktail (Aperol is very light in alcohol content on its own).
- The lime adds that bit of tartness that really compliments the flavor of the rhubarb
I highly suggest giving this Rhubarb and gin fizz a try because it is really delicious and perfect for sipping on in the summer. I might also mention that because it is really easy to sip and so refreshing so you'll want to remember that there is alcohol in it!
I hope you give this one a try.
Rhubarb and Gin Fizz With Aperol
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 ounces tonic water
- 2 ounces rhubarb simple syrup see recipe above
- 1 ounce Aperol roughly 1 shot
- 1 ounce Gin
- 1 lime quarters
- In a cocktail mixer or pitcher add your Aperol, Gin and simple syrup2 ounces rhubarb simple syrup, 1 ounce Aperol roughly 1 shot, 1 ounce Gin
- Shake or stir well
- Grab a rocks glass and add ice almost to the topice
- Pour your drink mixture into the glass until it reaches ¾ of the way to the top
- Now top with your tonic water2 ounces tonic water
- Give a light stir
- Squeeze your lime wedge into the drink.1 lime quarters
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Can't wait to try this.