Aperol and Rhubarb Fizz is a delicious and easy drink made with Aperol, Rhubarb simple syrup, gin and tonic water (the fizz). The rhubarb simple syrup works beautifully with the Aperol liquor because Aperol is actually made from Rhubarb, among other ingredients. The gin imparts a light floral note to the drink without overpowering it making it a great choice.
It is no secret that I love Aperol and this is not my first recipe that I have written on this liquor. My Aperol and soda is a simplified Aperol drink perfect for when you have only a few ingredients on hand. It is equally as delicious!
For this Aperol and rhubarb fizz, you will need:
- Rhubarb Simple Syrup
The Rhubarb simple syrup is made ahead of time so that it has time to cool in the refrigerator before it is used in the cocktail. It only takes 10 minutes to make and is very easy. I make a good batch of this as I do many of my simple syrups, like this basil simple syrup, and just store them in the refrigerator until I need them. The flavored simple syrups will last weeks in the cold part of your refrigerator.
Cocktails are not the only use for these simple syrups. I love using them in lemonades or any non-alcoholic drinks. You can actually make a big batch of lemonade with the simple syrup and just use that as a cocktail mixer for cocktails. There are so many uses for it!
Why I love this drink:
- You can make a big batch of the simple syrup ahead of time and have it waiting to make many drinks with it.
- The rhubarb simple syrup really compliments the rhubarb Aperol beautifully
- The gin added to the drink really gives that extra punch to make a sturdy cocktail (Aperol is very light in alcohol content on its own).
- The lime adds that bit of tartness that really compliments the flavor of the rhubarb
I highly suggest giving this one a try because it is really delicious and perfect for sipping on in the summer. I might also mention that it is really easy to sip on since it is so refreshing so you’ll want to remember that there is alcohol in it! I hope you give this one a try.
Aperol and Rhubarb Fizz
- 4 ounces tonic water
- 4 ounces rhubarb simple syrup see recipe above
- 2 ounces Aperol roughly 2 shots
- 2 ounces Gin
- 2 lime quarters
- In a cocktail mixer or pitcher add your Aperol, Gin and simple syrup
- shake or stir well
- Grab 2 rocks glasses and add ice almost to the top
- Pour your drink mixture evenly into the two glasses until it reaches 3/4 of the way to the top
- Now top with your tonic water
- Give a light stir
- Squeeze your lime wedge into each drink