If you are looking for an amazing meal to prepare, these oven baked Asian pork meatballs will definitely do the trick! This Asian pork meatball recipe is super easy to make and loaded with amazing flavor. These pork meatballs are baked in the oven on a sheet pan making cleanup a breeze. Serve these with a side of basmati rice and roasted broccolini for a complete meal everyone will love.
Asian pork meatballs are definitely one of my favorite foods to make and they are so easy! They are made with ground pork, baked in the oven and served with the most delicious Asian soy glaze on earth! I swear it is that good.
I love to make these Asian pork meatballs in the oven because it is easier on cleanup and a little bit healthier. Don't worry though, the flavors are not lost at all using this method.
This Asian meatball recipe also has the most amazing sauce that goes with the meatballs. The pork meatballs after cooking are added into this sauce to get nice and coated with more of the Asian flavors.
The ingredients you need to make Asian pork meatballs
- Ground pork
- Bread crumbs (regular Panko style or gluten free)
- Scallions (optional). I like to top these Asian pork meatballs with chopped scallions.
- Sesame Oil
The Sauce For These Asian Meatballs
The sauce is made up of soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic and you will want to drink it up that is how good it tastes.
- sesame oil
- brown sugar
- soy sauce
How to make
Making these Asian pork meatballs is so easy. Here are what the steps look like:
- Add all of the ingredients for the meatballs together in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Roll meatballs together into a uniform size and place on to a sheet pan.
- Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, add the ingredients for the sauce into a small sauce pan.
- Simmer sauce until it slightly reduces.
- When the meatballs are ready, remove from the oven and serve with the sauce drizzled over the top.
It is so easy and really one of my favorite meals to make!
What To Serve With These Baked Pork Meatballs
I like to serve these Asian pork meatballs as a main dish with rice and vegetables (like snow peas or miso broccoli) but you can also make these just as an appetizer or use it for your meal planning for the week and heat them up when you need them.
If you have extra time, you can make a homemade vegetable fried rice or Yukon gold mashed potatoes to go along with these Asian meatballs. I like to do this on the weekends when I am a little less busy and want a really special meal.
Why I love this pork meatball recipe
- These meatballs are really big on flavor and everyone loves them
- I can make extra for the week and use it in meal planning
- It is versatile and can be used as an appetizer or main dish
- So easy to make
- They freeze really well so making a double batch of these and freezing some makes dinner so easy another time. I have written up steps on how to cook frozen meatballs to help make another night's dinner effortless when you do this.
If you are looking for a great pork meatball recipe than this is it! I hope you give it a try and see for yourself why this dish is one of my favorites.
For more Pork inspired recipes you may like
Baked Asian Pork Meatballs
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
Asian Pork Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup plain Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds optional
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅛ cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- ⅛ cup water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions optional
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (this makes the cleanup easier and is optional)
- In a large bowl combine your pork, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, sesame oil, garlic and mix well but do not overwork2 pounds ground pork, 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 cloves of garlic minced, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ cup plain Panko bread crumbs
- Once your pork mixture is combined, begin making your meatballs by scooping out about ⅛ cup of the mixture and lightly rolling them into a ball.
- Place them on to your sheet pan
- Finish doing this until you have rolled all of the meatballs
- Now sprinkle your meatballs evenly with the sesame seeds2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place in your oven for 20 minutes or until they are no longer pink in the center
- While the meatballs are cooking, preheat a saute pan over medium heat
- Add you soy sauce, water, brown sugar, grated ginger, sesame oil and garlic and bring to a light simmer¼ cup soy sauce, ⅛ cup packed brown sugar (light or dark), ⅛ cup water, 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Once it has come to a light simmer, cook the sauce, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes
- After 2-3 minutes, reduce heat to low
- Once meatballs are fully cooked, remove from the pan and place them in your saute pan with the sauce
- Turn your meatballs around to coat them well in the sauce
- If the sauce is thick enough at this point, begin to plate your meatballs and pour the sauce over the top. (If you want a thicker sauce, allow the sauce to simmer on medium heat with the meatballs for another few minutes.)
- Sprinkle with your sliced scallions2 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here