If you are looking for an amazing meal to prepare, these oven baked Asian pork meatballs will definitely do the trick! They are super easy to make and loaded with amazing flavor.
The Asian meatballs are made with pork, baked in the oven and served with the most delicious soy glaze on earth! I swear it is that good.
I love to make these Asian pork meatballs in the oven because it is easier on cleanup and a little bit healthier. Don’t worry though, the flavors are not lost at all using this method.
This dish also has the most amazing sauce that goes with the meatballs. The meatballs after cooking are added into this sauce to get nice and coated with more of the Asian flavors.
The sauce is made up of soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic and you will want to drink it up that is how good it tastes.
I like to serve these meatballs as a main dish with rice and vegetables (like snow peas or miso broccoli) but you can also make these just as an appetizer or use it for your meal planning for the week and heat them up when you need them.
Why I love this Asian Meatballs dish:
- These meatballs are really big on flavor and everyone loves them
- I can make extra for the week and use it in meal planning
- It is versatile and can be used as an appetizer or main dish
- So easy to make
The ingredients you need to make these Asian pork meatballs are:
- ground pork
- sesame oil
- brown sugar
- soy sauce
- scallions (optional)
- bread crumbs (regular Panko style or gluten free)
For more Pork inspired recipes you may like:
Oven Baked Asian Style Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/8 cup sesame oil (divided) half for the meatballs and the other half for the sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic minced and divided half for the metballs and half for the sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup plain Panko bread crumbs You can also sub this out for gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallions optional
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (this makes the cleanup easier and is optional)
- In a large bowl combine your pork, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, 1/2 of your sesame oil, 1/2 of your garlic and mix well but do not overwork
- Once your pork mixture is combined, begin making your meatballs by scooping out about 1/8 cup of the mixture and lightly rolling them into a ball.
- Place them on to your sheet pan
- Finish doing this until you have rolled all of the meatballs
- Now sprinkle your meatballs evenly with the sesame seeds
- Place in your oven for 20 minutes or until they are no longer pink in the center
- While the meatballs are cooking, preheat a saute pan over medium heat
- Add you soy sauce, water, brown sugar, grated ginger, the remainder of your sesame oil and garlic and bring to a light simmer
- Once it has come to a light simmer, cook the sauce, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes
- After 2-3 minutes, reduce heat to low
- Once meatballs are fully cooked, remove from the pan and place them in your saute pan with the sauce
- Turn your meatballs around to coat them well in the sauce
- If the sauce is thick enough at this point, begin to plate your meatballs and pour the sauce over the top. (If you want a thicker sauce, allow the sauce to simmer on medium heat with the meatballs for another few minutes.)
- Sprinkle with your sliced scallions
You May Also Like