If you are looking for a new twist to add to your hot dog game, then this is it! Brussels sprouts are used in place of slaw or sauerkraut and Asian spices are added to give this classic American favorite an Asian twist.
I promise that once you make these you will keep it on rotation they are that good. Serve it with some extra sriracha sauce and you are all set!
Grilled Hotdogs with Asian Brussels Sprouts
- grill or grill pan
- 1-2 packages of your favorite hotdogs I like Hebrew National
- 1 bag of Brussels sprouts shaved you can also thin slice your sprouts if you can't find shaved brussels
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce plus more for serving at the table
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of hot dog buns
- Pre-heat your grill or grill pan (for your hotdogs
- pre-heat a medium pan over medium heat (for your Brussels sprouts)
- In your medium pan, add your oil and then add your Brussels sprouts and saute for about 10 minutes flipping them occasionally
- After 10 minutes, add your honey, soy sauce, sriracha, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well into the sprouts
- continuing cooking for another 5- 10 minutes or until you see the Brussels sprouts are starting to brown
- Now turn your pan down to low and start grilling your hotdogs
- Once hot dogs are nice and cooked add them to the buns and top with a generous portion of your Asian Brussels sprouts.
- Serve with extra sriracha on the side and enjoy!