If you are looking for a new twist to add to your hot dog game, and a delicious hot dog topping that is not the usual affair, then this Asian style hotdog is for you. These hot dogs are going to be your new game changing bbq dish that will impress everyone and they are really delicious and really easy to make.
About these Asian Style Hotdogs:
What makes these hotdogs so unique is their topping which is Brussels sprouts sautéd with some delicious Asian flavors. This Brussels sprouts topping is used in place of slaw or sauerkraut giving this classic American favorite an Asian twist that will turn your boring hot dogs into a much more amazing meal!
This dish is really perfect for entertaining because all of your ingredients for the Brussels sprouts can be prepped and ready ahead of time and cooking time with the hotdogs is only 15 minutes. If you do plan to use this dish for entertaining, make sure you double or triple the recipe since guests may want to add heaps of these sprouts on to the hotdogs.
This dish can be made on the grill outside, both the hot dogs and the Brussels sprouts or inside with a grill pan and sauté pan. It is the easiest dish you will ever make! I have made this dish for guests and for my family and it is always a hit!
Even my husband who is generally a no condiments kind of guy will happily eat this loaded hot dog. That is often my personal test of how other picky eaters will react.
How to complete this easy Grilled Hot dog Meal:
If you are looking to round out this easy but delicious meal then you may want to check out my cumin lime slaw which makes a great side dish to these hotdogs. If you are looking for some great bbq style desserts that can be made ahead of time and enjoyed on a warm sunny day then my homemade coconut fudge bars or citrus basil popsicles would be perfect. They are made a day or more before your event making it an easy dessert choice!
I promise that once you make these you will keep it on rotation they are that good. Serve it with some extra sriracha sauce and you are all set!
Grilled Hot Dogs with Asian Brussels Sprouts
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- grill or grill pan
- 1-2 packages of your favorite hot dogs I like Hebrew National
- 1 bag of Brussels sprouts shaved you can also thin slice your sprouts if you can't find shaved brussels
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce plus more for serving at the table
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 package of hot dog buns as needed
- Pre-heat your grill or grill pan (for your hot dogs)
- Now, also pre-heat a medium pan over medium heat (for your Brussels sprouts) or a grill safe pan such as cast iron over the outdoor grill.
- In your pre-heated pan for the Brussels sprouts, add your oil and then add your Brussels sprouts and saute for about 10 minutes flipping them occasionally
- After 10 minutes, add your honey, soy sauce, sriracha, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well into the sprouts
- Continue cooking for another 5- 10 minutes or until you see the Brussels sprouts are starting to brown
- Now turn your pan down to low and start grilling your hot dogs
- Once hot dogs are nice and cooked add them to the buns and top with a generous portion of your Asian Brussels sprouts.
- Serve with extra sriracha on the side and enjoy!
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here