Pan seared pork chops are your answer to a quick and easy meal. These seared pork chops are ready in under 30 minutes and always come out tender and delicious. Pair these pork chops with mashed potatoes with butter and chives or Spanish rice for a complete meal everyone will love.
About these seared pork chops:
We love making boneless pork chops for dinner in our house and one of our favorite meals is our juicy boneless pork chops recipe. That recipe uses a brine and tastes so amazing but it does take a little longer to throw together.
That is how our pan seared pork chops recipe was born. It tastes great but we use salt to tenderize the meat before hand so there is no need to use a brine. This really helps when you are looking for a quick way to cook up those boneless pork chops without sacrificing flavor.
Ingredients you will need:
- Boneless pork chops- about ¾ to inch thick.
- Kosher salt
- Sweet paprika
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
Preparing the pork chops:
After you gather all of the ingredients, the next step is getting that pork ready for pan frying on the stove. To do this you want to sprinkle kosher salt all over the pork (both sides) and let is rest for at least 15 minutes. Adding salt before you cook the pork chops will help tenderize the meat (this is the quick way to tenderize the pork if you are not using a brine).
Once you have added the salt to the pork chops, the next step is making sure you have a nice large flat bottom pan that will comfortably fit your pork chops without them touching one another. I use a large stainless steal pan for this and it works very well. After this, you are ready to sear the pork chops.
Here are the steps to making this:
When making pan seared boneless pork chops, making sure the pork chops rest after searing them is very important because it allows the juices in the meat to redistribute back into the meat AND because it is actually part of the pork cooking time. Meat continues to cook after it is taken off the heat.
These pan seared pork chops are cooked perfectly when you follow the times in the recipe and they are so delicious.
What to serve with seared pork chops:
So many things go well with pan seared boneless pork chops but if you are looking for some side dish inspiration, here are some of my favorites-
- Turmeric potatoes. These turmeric potatoes are so full of flavor and can be made the day before to make things even easier.
- Italian salsa verde potatoes.
- Mashed potatoes
- Spanish rice
- Fluffy basmati rice, especially when you drizzle a little of those pan juices over the top.
- Roasted asparagus with parmesan.
- Italian peas.
- Cauliflower and potatoes with cumin.
- Mostly from scratch black beans.
Seared Pork Chops
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 large flat bottom pan
- 4 boneless pork chops about ¾ to 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon kosher salt divided
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add paprika, black pepper and half of the kosher salt to a small bowl and mix well.1 ½ tablespoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Set aside for later.
- Add the remaining kosher salt to the pork chops both sides.4 boneless pork chops
- Cover the pork chops and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove pork chops from the fridge.
- Pre-heat a large flat bottom pan over medium heat then add olive oil.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Sprinkle pork chops with spice mix evenly on both sides.
- Place the pork chops in the pan and sear for 5 minutes on the first side.
- After 5 minutes, flip the pork chops and sear for another 4 minutes. This will yield a solid medium doneness for the pork.
- Now if you have pork chops with fat on the sides, go ahead and sear the fat sides for 30 seconds or so by turning the pork on its side.
- Once the pork has been seared on all sides, remove from the pan and let rest for 10 minutes covered with aluminum foil or similar.
- Serve the pork chops immediately and make sure to pour any remaining pan juices over the top of them.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here