Moist and fluffy ricotta pancakes are the ultimate pancake breakfast. This ricotta pancake recipe will really help you up your pancake game. These ricotta pancakes are sweet, fluffy, delicious and so easy to make.
About this recipe
This ricotta cheese pancake recipe makes the most delicious tall and fluffy pancakes and the sweet ricotta adds a beautiful background note and richness. This Italian pancakes recipe is basically Italian style pancakes and just as easy as making regular pancakes.
Why I love these pancakes
This ricotta cheese pancakes recipe not only tastes amazing, it is a great way to use up that ricotta cheese that you only used half of for dinner the night before. I know that I am not the only one with this problem 🙂
I also love the addition of the cinnamon to these fluffy ricotta pancakes. The combination of cinnamon and ricotta are really a match made in heaven.
I have recipes like my fresh ricotta and tomato salad or my creamy ricotta pasta that uses only about half a container of ricotta. Another great thing about these fluffy ricotta pancakes is they are much more substantial than just ordinary pancakes, keeping you satisfied longer.
Adding lemon to the pancakes
You will often see lemon added to ricotta pancake recipes but I prefer the pure taste of the ricotta in my pancakes so I leave the lemon out. You can easily add that to the recipe if you like it.
I have added quantities for that in the notes section in the recipe below.
If you do decide on making these as lemon ricotta pancakes, I suggest checking out my easy homemade 3 ingredient blueberry sauce and make ricotta blueberry pancakes.
Lemon and blueberry go so well together. The blueberry sauce can be made ahead of time too!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these fluffy ricotta cheese pancakes
- Whole milk ricotta (try to use whole milk ricotta and not skim milk ricotta)
- All purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
- Baking Powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- Whole Milk
- Vegetable oil
The ingredients are the same as what you will find in traditional pancakes. The only addition is we are adding in some ricotta and adjusting quantities of some of the other ingredients.
There are no special steps to making these delicious pancakes just follow the recipe below and you will be on your way to an amazing breakfast.
Ideas for serving these ricotta pancakes
I love making these pancakes for special occasions because they are really enjoyed around here. I will usually make these ricotta pancakes on Birthdays or holidays because when I make these, it is no fuss.
You can add your own little festive touches like edible flowers or powdered sugar to dress them up or leave them as is. They are great either way.
Give this Italian ricotta pancake recipe a try and I know you will be immediately be hooked!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes:
- Brioche French Toast
- Fluffy Yogurt Biscuits. Nothing is better than fresh biscuits with butter and jam for breakfast!
- Brussels Sprouts Hash with Pancetta
- Baked French Toast
- Eggs with Asparagus and Prosciutto
- Cream Scones
- Blueberry Scones
- Blackberry Scones
Moist and Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, 1 tablespoon of oil, ricotta, vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture; whisk until just combined. Do not over mix. It is normal to still see some lumps. The batter will be thick.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil or butter to the skillet
- Once your pan is nice and hot, spoon ⅓ cup of batter for each pancake on to your skillet and cook until pancakes begin to rise and some light bubbles form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip pancake and repeat with the other side.
- If pancakes are browning too quickly adjust your heat to medium low.
- Place pancakes into a stack and serve with butter and maple syrup or your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here