Vanilla condensed milk sauce has got to be the easiest and tastiest sweet sauces that anyone can make. I created this decadent vanilla sauce recipe to use in place of a more complex recipe that I needed for my Italian Bread Pudding.
I have gotten so much great feedback about this condensed milk sauce that came from my Italian Bread Pudding recipe that I decided to make a post for it on it’s own. It is really that good!
The bread pudding recipe is just as easy as this sauce and if you love bread pudding like I do, it is definitely worth checking out!
A few simple ingredients are all you need to make this delicious sauce:
- Condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- a touch of butter
- a splash of milk
I told you this one is easy! The steps are as simple as pouring the ingredients into a small saucepan gently heating them together and then pouring it over your favorite dessert.
Condensed milk is really delicious all on it’s own and in my opinion needs no additions to be a delicious stand alone sauce. This recipe merely adds to the amazing condensed milk flavor.
The addition of the butter and milk mimics traditional vanilla sauces that take more time to make. I like things that are easy and not complicated.
If you are looking to keep things dairy free, you can absolutely substitute the condensed milk and milk in this recipe for non-dairy items. A favorite of mine (and I am not on a dairy free diet) is coconut condensed milk.
This dessert sauce is very easy to make and so absolutely decadent and delicious. You can top just about any dessert with this sauce from bread puddings to cinnamon rolls or ice cream.
If you love really simple desserts then these other recipes are for you:
- Homemade berry sauce is a delicious and easy recipe that can be added to so many desserts and treats. It is even great at breakfast over pancakes or oatmeal.
- This baked french toast casserole is also made with condensed milk and is perfect as a dessert or as a special breakfast.
Once you make this and see how easy and delicious this is you will be making this on repeat! It is that addictive and that amazing!
Condensed Milk Vanilla Sauce
- small sauce pan
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 2 tbsp milk to lightly thin it out
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of butter to add shine and flavor
- Add all of your ingredients into a medium sauce pan over medium heat
- Mix well and heat until it all comes together and it starts to look silky and smooth
- remove from heat and use immediately