Vanilla condensed milk sauce has got to be the easiest and tastiest sweet sauces that anyone can make. I created this decadent vanilla sauce recipe to use in place of a more complex recipe that I needed for my Italian Bread Pudding. This delicious sauce is great on desserts, cheesecake, pancakes and anything else that goes well with a dessert sauce.
I have gotten so much great feedback about this condensed milk sauce that came from my Italian Bread Pudding recipe that I decided to make a post for it on it's own. It is really that good!
The bread pudding recipe is just as easy as this sauce and if you love bread pudding like I do, it is definitely worth checking out!
A few simple ingredients are all you need to make this dessert sauce with condensed milk:
- Sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- a touch of butter
- a splash of milk
I told you this one is easy! The steps are as simple as pouring the ingredients into a small saucepan gently heating them together and then pouring it over your favorite dessert.
Here are the steps to make this delicious vanilla condensed milk sauce:
- Open a can of condensed milk and pour it into a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add your butter and stir until it is melted.
- Add your vanilla and milk and mix well for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm over your favorite dessert.
Condensed milk is really delicious all on it's own and in my opinion needs no additions to be a delicious stand alone sauce. This recipe merely adds to the amazing condensed milk flavor.
The addition of the butter and milk mimics traditional vanilla sauces that take more time to make. I like things that are easy and not complicated.
Making this vanilla condensed milk sauce dairy free:
If you are looking to keep things dairy free, you can absolutely substitute the condensed milk and milk in this recipe for non-dairy items. A favorite of mine (and I am not on a dairy free diet) is coconut condensed milk.
This dessert sauce is very easy to make and so absolutely decadent and delicious. You can top just about any dessert with this sauce from bread puddings to cinnamon rolls or ice cream.
Tips for making this vanilla sauce:
How to store this condensed milk sauce
To store any extra sauce you have, just place in a container with a lid once it has cooled and place in your refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to re-heat the sauce
To re-heat your sauce simply pour it into a medium sauce pan over low heat and gently re-heat the sauce until it is very warm. Remove immediately and serve.
If you love really simple desserts with condensed milk then these other recipes are for you:
- Italian Bread Pudding is a really easy bread pudding recipe that tastes even better with this condensed milk sauce poured over top. This recipe makes individual bread puddings so there is less work scooping out servings when it is time to eat!
- This baked french toast casserole is also made with condensed milk and is perfect as a dessert or as a special breakfast.
Once you make this and see how easy and delicious this is you will be making this on repeat! It is that addictive and that amazing!
More Dessert Sauce Ideas:
Condensed Milk Vanilla Sauce
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- medium sauce pan
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon milk to lightly thin it out
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of butter to add shine and flavor
- Add all of your ingredients into a medium sauce pan over medium heat1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 tablespoon milk, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of butter
- Mix well and heat until it all comes together and it starts to look silky and smooth
- Remove from heat and use immediately
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here