Banana bread in a cake pan is such an easy dessert to make and it tastes so amazing! This easy, delicious and moist banana bread cake will be your new favorite banana bread recipe once you try it. The whipped ricotta with honey topping is so simple and delicious and the perfect pair with this easy banana bread.
Why I Love This Easy Cake Pan Banana Bread
This banana bread cake is my go to banana bread recipe (if I am not making my banana coffee cake!) because it is really easy to make and so delicious. Another great thing about this recipe is that it uses just 3 bananas for the banana cake which I always seems to have 🙂
This cake pan banana bread is great for people looking for an easy banana bread cake or for those who do not have loaf pans but want to make a delicious banana bread in a cake pan.
Baking a banana bread in a cake pan will yield the same results as a loaf pan. The time is equivalent for 1- 9 inch round cake pan and 1 standard loaf pan.
The easy banana bread will rise up nicely and look just like a cake. It is really beautiful! The bananas on top are purely for looks and if you decide not to add them nothing will change in the flavor of the bread.
- 3 really ripe bananas (plus an extra one for the top if you want to add sliced bananas to the top of your cake).
- vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
Whipped ricotta with honey topping
- vanilla extract
All very simple ingredients and most things are pantry staples that you will probably already have in your house. This banana bread recipe uses oil as well which I always have on hand.
If you would prefer not to make the whipped ricotta topping, the banana bread will taste amazing on its own. You can also whip up this easy condensed milk sauce to serve alongside this cake and it would be extra delicious.
Pro-Tip: this banana bread recipe is best made when you are trying to make use of those overripe bananas!
About the whipped ricotta topping
This whipped ricotta topping is really simple, uses only 3 ingredients and takes just minutes to make. The whipped ricotta is made with honey as the sweetener too, so it is a little less guilty in my opinion.
I prefer to add a dollop of the whipped ricotta to the slices of cake when serving instead of frosting the entire top of the banana bread cake. This whipped ricotta topping recipe for the banana bread cake is so light (just like whipped cream) so it works perfectly on the side.
I also like to serve my banana bread with the whipped ricotta topping on the side so that if people want to add it they can and if they don't want it they just leave it off. I do this with most of my sweets because it keeps the desserts fresher longer (except for desserts with frosting).
Here are the steps to making this cake pan banana bread
The steps to making this really moist banana bread are as simple as the ingredients. This recipe is not fussy at all.
The only thing you need to plan for is the cook time which will be around an hour. You can cut the cooking time in half by using two cake pans if you prefer.
- Add all of your dry ingredients to one bowl (except the sugar)
- In a separate bowl add your sugar and oil and cream together
- Add your eggs to the cream mixture along with your vanilla and mix well.
- Mash in your bananas and mix well
- Now add your dry ingredients and spices to the mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into a prepared cake pan
- Top with slices of banana on top (optional)
The longest part about this recipe will be the baking. Assembling it all is easy and no skills required.
You will have an entire hour to sit back relax and do whatever you like. The end result is worth it to have a slice of this delicious banana bread cake!
More Easy Cake Recipes
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Basil Olive Oil Cake
- Almond and Vanilla Cake
- Mini Cheesecakes
- Italian Berry Cake with Mascarpone
- Easy Apple Cake
- Easy and Moist Pumpkin Cake
- Super Moist Chocolate Cake
Banana Bread Cake with Whipped Ricotta Topping
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas 3 for the batter and one for the topping if you want to add the sliced bananas on top.
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Whipped ricotta topping
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- If you are making the whipped ricotta topping, remove the ricotta from the fridge now so it can come to room temperature to make later on.2 cups whole milk ricotta
- Prepare one 9 inch round cake pan by buttering the pan and then adding flour on top of the buttered pan and shaking it all around until the entire pan has been coated. Make sure to get the sides. Shake out any excess flour over the sink.
- In a large bowl add your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix together3 cups all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a separate bowl add your oil, vanilla and both sugars and mix on medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.1 ¾ cups granulated sugar, ¼ cup light brown sugar packed, ¾ cup vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Now add your eggs to the creamy mixture and mix well.3 large eggs
- Add your 3 bananas into your oil and egg mixture and mash them well well. Stir to make sure the bananas are all broken up.4 ripe bananas
- Now add your dry ingredients into the wet mixture bowl and mix until it all is incorporated.
- Pour your batter into your prepared cake pan.
- Take the 4th banana that you reserved and peel it. With a sharp knife, carefully slice the banana lengthwise into 3 slices.
- Gently lay your banana slices on top of your banana bread batter one next to the other.
- Place your cake pan on to a sheet pan and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, cover the top of your banana bread with aluminum foil by gently laying a piece over top.
- Place back in the oven for another 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When done, remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve by slicing pieces from the cake pan.
Whipped Ricotta Topping
- While the banana bread is cooling take your room temperature ricotta and add it to a medium bowl.
- Add your honey and vanilla extract and whip on medium speed with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until the ricotta mixture is smooth and creamy.¼ cup honey, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Serve along side the banana bread
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here