Cilantro lime dressing is the ultimate dressing that makes anything it is added to so delicious. This creamy cilantro dressing is made in the blender and takes just 5 minutes to make. Add it to tostadas, burritos, pulled pork, quesadillas or on top of veggies for the ultimate flavor boost.
About this cilantro dressing:
This cilantro lime dressing is the easiest dressing you can make and it is very customizable. We prefer a creamy cilantro lime dressing but you could omit the dairy and add olive oil in its place for a lighter version.
The cilantro dressing is made in a food processor or blender and blended until completely smooth and creamy. It stores well in the fridge for up to one week so make extra because you will want to add it to everything.
Making the Cilantro Lime Dressing:
Just add all the ingredients to a food processor, mix until smooth and taste for seasoning. That is it!
Ingredients you will need:
- Fresh cilantro. You must use fresh cilantro for this recipe because dried cilantro does not have the fresh flavor that you need in this recipe.
- Greek yogurt.
- Sour cream. This adds a little fat and flavor to the recipe and keeps the dressing from tasting like pure Greek yogurt 🙂 Try not to skip this ingredient.
- Lime juice. It is a cilantro lime dressing so you definitely need that lime juice! I prefer fresh squeezed lime but bottled lime juice will work in a pinch.
- Spices. These are garlic powder, paprika, cumin and kosher salt.
Once you learn to make this creamy cilantro lime dressing, you can easily customize it to make other delicious dressings.
Here are some of my favorite ways to adapt this recipe:
- Use basil in place of the cilantro for a creamy basil dressing.
- I love adding sun dried tomatoes in place of the cilantro for a delicious creamy sun dried tomato dressing.
- I sometimes completely omit all fresh herbs from this recipe and add za'atar seasoning (about 1 tbsp) and it makes the most delicious dipping sauce for fries, veggies and pita chips.
This really is such an easy cilantro lime dressing and such a great base recipe for so many other variations. Make it your own and we know you will love it as much as we do.
For more delicious sauces and dips you may like:
- Avocado Dip
- Poblano Cream Sauce
- Southwest Hummus
- 3 Ingredient Blueberry Sauce
- Miso Rubbed Broccolini with Asian Dipping Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dip
Cilantro Lime Dressing
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- ¾ cup Greek Yogurt full fat or 2 %
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Fresh cilantro loosely packed
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or small food processor.¾ cup Greek Yogurt, ¼ cup Sour Cream, ½ cup Fresh cilantro, 1 lime, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder, ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika, ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- Blend on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Taste for seasoning. Add any additional salt if needed.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here