This delicious Greek yogurt avocado dip makes the perfect easy healthy lunch or snack when paired with veggies or healthy sides to dip into it. It is so easy to make and ready in just minutes. Avocado and Greek yogurt are a match made in heaven and when you try this creamy avocado dip you will be convinced too.
This easy avocado yogurt dip is the perfect healthy dip recipe for so many foods. The avocado and Greek yogurt work perfectly together to make a creamy and delicious spread.
This avocado dip makes a great substitute for guacamole and is one of the reasons I made this recipe originally. The other is to use up some yogurt we had in the fridge. The creaminess from this dip is so good and it is one of my favorite dips to make.
My favorite way to use this avocado yogurt dip is with a side of either chips, veggies or french fries. I also love top of my southwest chicken or as a dressing (if you thin it out a bit with a little water).
This avocado dip is so versatile and so good! Pair it with veggies for a really easy healthy lunch or serve it as an appetizer dip.
Ingredients you will need to make this Greek Yogurt Avocado Dip
- Avocado (large or 2 small)
- Lemon (or lime). The lime juice (or lemon juice) will keep the avocado from browning in the dip.
- Greek yogurt. You can also use regular yogurt.
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Paprika. If you want a little more spice, you can also add garlic either fresh minced garlic or powdered garlic to taste or cumin.
There is no special kitchen needed to make this easy avocado dip. As long as you are working with ripe avocados, it will be very simple to make.
You just need a fork, spoon and a small bowl.
How to make avocado dip
This dip is so easy to make! You don't even need a food processor for this recipe. You only need a bowl and something to mash the avocado with and then stir it all together.
- Cut your avocado in half length-wise.
- Remove the pit
- Scoop out your avocado into your bowl
- Mash the avocado with a fork and then squeeze a little lemon juice over the top
- Add your Greek yogurt
- Mix really well with a spoon until it becomes creamy and it is the desired consistency you are happy with. If you prefer. a very creamy texture, mash and stir more.
- Add a little salt, pepper and paprika.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil
This avocado yogurt dip recipe is all about mixing and very little prep time. There are no special steps and no cooking. My kind of easy dip!
It is so full of flavor and you only need a few ingredients to make this easy healthy dip. It keeps you full and satisfied for hours too.
This easy avocado dip is so simple that ANYONE can make it. If you have kids, let them do this.
Not great with kitchen skills or maybe you don't like recipes that are complicated, then this is the recipe for you.
How to serve this avocado dip
You can serve this dip with so many different things. My absolute favorite is to use it as an easy healthy lunch way by pairing it with veggies, raw or cooked or pita chips.
You can also use this avocado dip to go along with store-bought frozen fries. I usually add veggies to the sheet pan with the fries, roast it up, and serve it for lunch. This also makes a great sandwich spread in place of mayo.
A very easy healthy lunch.
This would also make a great addition to a crudité platter or nachos. It is really delicious and the amazing part about it is it is 100 percent healthy.
I love recipes like this that I can throw together quickly and have a healthy meal in no time. This dip makes an easy lunch idea when paired with finger foods.
This recipe is perfect for those overripe avocados that you thought you needed to throw out. As long as the avocados are not totally brown, you can use them. If you don't have Greek yogurt on hand, plain yogurt or sour cream will work too.
Both of these types of dip have avocado but avocado dip usually has the addition of yogurt or sour cream. Guacamole dip is usually just mashed guacamole with seasoning and can sometimes have additions added.
Yogurt and avocado are a great pairing and go very well together like in this recipe.
For more delicious sauces and dips you may like:
We love sauces and dips and here are some of our favorites!
- For creamy sauces like this one, we love our Cilantro Lime Dressing and Poblano Cream Sauce and our Tahini Dip from our roasted cauliflower recipe.
- For a thicker dip, we love our Whipped Cottage Cheese and our Sweet Cottage Cheese Dip
Easy 5-Minute Avocado Yogurt Dip
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 very ripe avocado taken out of the skin and pit removed so ripe that it is almost mushy but the inside is not black. If you have any black on the flesh, just cut it out and use the green parts.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt Any fat percentage will do
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ lime or lemon juiced
- 1 good drizzle of olive oil for the top
- In a medium bowl add all of your ingredients except olive oil and mix well. You should be able to mash down the avocado since it is very ripe. You can also leave some chunks of avocado if your prefer
- Once you are done mixing, taste for seasoning. Add any salt if needed.
- drizzle with a little olive oil over top
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here