This easy homemade Greek yogurt and avocado dip work perfectly together to make a creamy and delicious spread. It can be used for chips, veggies, french fries or even on top of chicken or as a dressing (if you thin it out a bit with a little water).
This is perfect for those overripe avocados that you thought you needed to throw out. If you don’t have greek yogurt on hand, plain yogurt or sour cream will work too.
Greek Yogurt and Avocado Dip
- 1 very ripe avocado taken out of the skin and pit removed so ripe that it is almost mushy but the inside is not black. If you have any black on the flesh, just cut it out and use the green parts.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt Any fat percentage will do
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime or lemon juiced
- 1 good drizzle of olive oil for the top
- In a medium bowl add all of your ingredients except olive oil and mix well. You should be able to mash down the avocado since it is very ripe. You can also leave some chunks of avocado if your prefer
- Once you are done mixing, taste for seasoning. Add any salt if needed.
- drizzle with a little olive oil over top
- Serve immediately