This delicious greek yogurt and avocado dip makes the perfect easy healthy lunch when paired with veggies or healthy sides to dip into it. It is so easy to make and so delicious.
This easy avocado dip recipe is the perfect healthy dip recipe for so many foods. The avocado and greek yogurt work perfectly together to make a creamy and delicious spread.
It can be used for chips, veggies, french fries or even on top of chicken or as a dressing (if you thin it out a bit with a little water). This avocado dip is so versatile and so good!
I love pairing it with a veggies for a really easy healthy lunch. You can also serve it as an appetizer dip.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this avocado dip recipe:
- Avocado (large or 2 small)
- lemon (or lime)
- Greek yogurt
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- paprika (optional)
There is no special kitchen needed to make this easy avocado dip. As long as you are working with ripe avocados, it will be very simple to make.
You just need a fork, spoon and small bowl.
How to make avocado dip
- Cut your avocado in half length wise.
- Remove the pit
- Scoop out your avocado into your bowl
- Mash the avocado with a fork and then squeeze a little lemon juice over top
- Add your Greek yogurt
- Mix really well with a spoon until it becomes creamy.
- Add a little salt, pepper and paprika.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil
This avocado dip recipe is all about mixing. There are no special steps and no cooking. My kind of easy dip!
It is so full of flavor and you only need a few ingredients to make this easy healthy side. It keeps you full and satisfied for hours too.
This easy avocado dip is so simple that ANYONE can make it. If you have kids, let them do this. Not great with kitchen skills or maybe you don't like recipes that are complicated, then this is the recipe for you.
How to serve this avocado and yogurt dip
You can serve this dip with so many different things. My absolute favorite is to use it as an easy healthy lunch way by pairing it with veggies, raw or cooked.
You can also use this avocado dip as a dip to go along with store bought frozen fries. I usually will add veggies to the sheet pan with the fries, roast it up and serve it for lunch.
A very easy healthy lunch if you ask me!
This would also make a great addition to a crudité platter. It is really delicious and the amazing part about it is it is 100 percent healthy.
I love recipes like this or my southwest hummus that I can throw together quickly and have a healthy meal in not time. This dip makes an easy lunch idea when paired with finger foods.
This recipe is perfect for those overripe avocados that you thought you needed to throw out. As long as the avocados are not totally brown, you can use them. If you don't have greek yogurt on hand, plain yogurt or sour cream will work too.
For more delicious sauces and dips you may like:
Greek Yogurt and Avocado Dip
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 very ripe avocado taken out of the skin and pit removed so ripe that it is almost mushy but the inside is not black. If you have any black on the flesh, just cut it out and use the green parts.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt Any fat percentage will do
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ lime or lemon juiced
- 1 good drizzle of olive oil for the top
- In a medium bowl add all of your ingredients except olive oil and mix well. You should be able to mash down the avocado since it is very ripe. You can also leave some chunks of avocado if your prefer
- Once you are done mixing, taste for seasoning. Add any salt if needed.
- drizzle with a little olive oil over top
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here