If you love Mediterranean flavors and easy meals, you are going to love these Mediterranean baked salmon filets. These baked salmon filets are made with red onion, Mediterranean olives, garlic, and balsamic vinegar which give the salmon filets so much flavor. To make it even better, it is baked in the oven and on the table in just 30 minutes.
Why I think you'll love these baked salmon filets
I love easy recipes that are healthy and taste amazing and that is exactly what these Mediterranean baked salmon filets are all about. These salmon filets pick up the bold flavors from the garlic, red onions, olives, spices, and balsamic vinegar.
Mediterranean flavors are a favorite around here and I make lots of these types of dishes. The flavors are always amazing and it never feels too heavy after eating. One of my other favorites we make lots of is Mediterranean Tuna.
Another great thing about these baked salmon filets is it does not need a lot of time to cook. You just make the toppings, pour it over the salmon, and off to the oven it goes.
There are not many ingredients you need to make this delicious baked salmon. Most of the ingredients are for the Mediterranean topping that goes with it.
Here is what you will need:
- Salmon filets. Make sure to buy the freshest salmon filets you can find.
- Kosher salt.
- Olive oil.
- Fresh garlic.
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Red onion.
- Sweet paprika.
- Mediterranean olives. I used Castelvetrano olives but you can use kalamata, mixed olives, or whatever you have on hand. Just make sure the pits are removed.
- Red pepper flakes. I used Calabrian chili peppers but you can use red pepper flakes.
- Red Bell Pepper: This is optional but if I have it I love adding it.
How to make these baked salmon filets
Making these baked salmon filets could not be any easier. Here is what it looks like:
The first thing you want to do is make the topping for the salmon which is cooking the garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, olives, chile peppers, and salt and pepper. It only takes 5 minutes.
While the topping is cooking, you preheat the oven and place a heavy bottom pan in it. This is really easy and preheating the pan is going to help the bottom of the salmon crisp up a bit when you place the salmon in it. This is the same cooking technique for our baked blackened salmon tacos.
Once the toppings and pan are ready the salmon will bake in just minutes. Fifteen minutes in the oven is all it needs. Salmon does not need a lot of time to cook which makes it an amazing dish to prepare even on those busy evenings.
I love making these salmon filets just the way it is but you can certainly switch things up.
If you would prefer to add more of the toppings or less of certain ingredients that will work too. There is nothing that changes with the cooking time of the recipe other than the toppings ingredients.
This baked Mediterranean salmon is so delicious on its own but if you want some more ideas of what to serve with it, here are our favorites:
More like this
If you love this baked Mediterranean salmon, you will also love these:
Mediterranean Baked Salmon Filets
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 large cast iron skillet or heavy bottom oven safe pan
- 4 salmon filets about 1 inch thick
- ⅛ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt.
- 8 ounces Castelvetrano Olives
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Medium red onion sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic diced
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Sweet paprika
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place heavy bottom pan in oven for 10 minutes to pre-heat.
- Now grab another large saute pan and preheat that over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, onion, and sliced red peppers, and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.1 Red bell pepper, 1 Medium red onion, 2 tablespoon Olive oil, pinch of red pepper flakes
- Now add the olives and garlic and cook for one minute.8 ounces Castelvetrano Olives, 3 cloves Garlic
- Add balsamic vinegar, paprika, salt, and cook for another 2 minutes.¼ teaspoon Sweet paprika, ½ cup Balsamic vinegar, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place salmon filets on a plate and pat dry with paper towels.4 salmon filets
- Remove the pan from the oven and place salmon filets in the pan.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.⅛ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper, ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt.
- Pour toppings and the sauce over the salmon and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through with an internal temperature of the thickest part reaching about 145 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here