Well we just had a great morning today thanks to this honey and vanilla brioche french toast! My family loves french toast but I usually only make brioche french toast on special occasions because it is more decadent and it takes some ingredients (like the bricohe) that I do not usually have on hand. This past weekend however, we all went out for brunch at a local restaurant and tried this amazing brioche french toast that was on the menu and that just got us wanting more.
So I made this even without a special occasion and you know what, it really made the day special. If you are not familiar with brioche, you can usually find it in the bakery section of your grocery store. If you can’t find it then Challah bread is a good choice (this bread looks like it was braided together) Either is fine!
Here is what my brioche looked like before I sliced it up and cooked it.
If you are looking for a special breakfast or a way to impress someone with something more than ordinary french toast then you should give this a try! It is amazing! You also can make this just because and no special occasion is necessary.
Honey Vanilla Brioche French Toast
- 1 loaf of bricohe bread or challah
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 milk
- 1/4 honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- fresh berries for topping optional
- warmed maple syrup for topping
- In a large bowl, add your eggs, honey, milk, vanilla and salt and mix well until the honey is no longer clumpy.
- Next, slice up your brioche into 1 inch slices.
- Now, preheat a large heavy bottom skillet or griddle on medium low heat.
- Once it is pre-heated, add your butter and let it fully melt.
- Now take a brioche slice and place into your custard mixture gently pressing down until it is completely submerged. Now take it out flip it over and submerge it again in the custard until you don’t see any bubbles coming up (for about 2 seconds).
- Lift your brioche slice out of the custard making sure to let the excess custard drip off and then place in your pan. Continue to add brioche into your pan until you can’t add anymore (usually 3-4 slices depending on the size of your pan). Cook the brioche for about 4 minutes on the first side and then flip.
- Cook for a remaining 3-4 minutes on the other side or until it is nice and golden in color.
- Continue the steps above until all of the brioche is cooked.
- Once cooked, plate and top with your favorite toppings (butter, fresh berries, powdered sugar, maple syrup…)
You May Also Like