Homemade lavender lemonade is my newest obsession and I think you will understand when you try it. This easy homemade lavender lemonade recipe is so refreshing and everyone will love it. I will show you how to make this simple and refreshing drink so you can sip on it all summer.
This lavender lemonade recipe is my favorite recipe for lavender. I make this as a lavender lemonade mocktail during the hot months of summer when I don't want to drink alcohol.
You can also make a lavender lemonade cocktail by adding your favorite vodka to this recipe. It is totally up to you!
The lavender you want to use for this lavender infused lemonade is culinary lavender (English lavender is my favorite.)
This is what the folks at a local lavender farm in Texas taught me. I didn't think I was a huge fan of lavender in my recipes until I made this recipe.
This lavender farm taught me the right proportions and types of lavender to use and the perfect recipe for lemonade with lavender. This recipe was the first lavender recipe I mastered and it has become a staple in our house.
There is now always a pitcher of this lavender lemonade in our refrigerator.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make lavender lemonade.
- Dried culinary lavender buds.
These are all very simple ingredients. It is going to be the same as making a traditional lemonade except we are adding some infused lavender water to this recipe.
The key to making the BEST lavender lemonade is to make lavender water.
How to make lavender lemonade
The steeping of the lavender in the hot water, gently wakes up the lavender buds and slowly infuses its flavor into the water. This is one of the key steps to making the most amazing lavender lemonade.
This step can be done a day ahead of time! I actually keep a small carafe of this in my fridge so it is ready whenever I need to make a new batch of this lemonade.
Here is what the rest of the steps look like to make this homemade lemonade
- Make your lavender water ahead of time.
- Juice your lemons.
- Make a quick simple syrup (half water half sugar)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pitcher.
This lavender lemonade recipe is identical to any other homemade lemonade recipe. The only difference is we are going to substitute some of the lavender water for the plain water that goes into the lemonade.
It is lightly floral and really delicious.
This lemonade and my basil lemonade are two of my summertime favorites. I promise you, this is a really simple lavender drink that anyone can make!
What kind of lavender can you cook with
When cooking with lavender, or making any kind of food, you want to look for culinary lavender. A good example would be English lavender.
Culinary lavender is pure lavender that has no preservatives added. You may find lavender in a store that sells potpourri but this is not the type of lavender you want to use.
You can either order culinary lavender online, grow your own or find it in the spice section of a local specialty food store like Whole Foods.
Ways to use this lavender lemonade
This lavender lemonade makes a great summertime drink because it is so refreshing and light. You can also use this easy and refresshing drink for:
- Baby showers
- Bridal showers
- Birthday parties
- BBQs or Cookouts
Use this lavender drink for any occasion. I promise everyone will love it.
You want to make sure you do not skip making the simple syrup step. Sugar will not dissolve in a cold or room temperature liquid.
Making the simple syrup makes sure that your sugar is fully dissolved when it goes into your lavender lemonade.
This lavender lemonade recipe can be used as is or converted into a quick and easy cocktail by adding a little liquor. It also makes a great frozen popsicle.
Want to make this Lemonade even faster
Use a frozen lemonade concentrate from the grocery store. All you have to do is make your lavender water and mix that with your frozen lemonade mix along with a little extra water.
Lavender lemonade is a delicious refreshing lemonade where the lavender adds a sweet note to lemonade, almost like a sugar cookie.
Lavender lemonade, or any drink with lavender is not purple naturally. Lavender when added to drinks will add a slight golden color. If a lavender drink is purple then you know it has food coloring.
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups Water
- In a medium sauce pan add your water and bring to a boil.
- Measure out 2 teaspoons of dried lavender buds into a a medium or large carafe or mason jar.
- Add your boiling water to the jar.
- Let the mixture come to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 24 hour in your refrigerator with a lid on top.
- Use in any recipe that calls for water (tea, lemonade, cocktails, etc).
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar becomes clear, about 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Making the Lemonade
- Juice your lemons until you have about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over your pitcher and pour your lemon juice through to remove pulp and seeds.
- Now add your 2 cups of cooled lavender water.
- Add your cup of simple syrup.
- Add 3 cups of plain water and stir.
- Serve over ice with a slice of lemon or fresh lavender sprig (optional).
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here