This roasted charred broccoli with garlic and lemon is a very simple broccoli recipe with few ingredients but the flavors are amazing. The simple step of charring the broccoli and then squeezing fresh lemon juice on before serving makes this stand out from all the other roasted broccoli dishes.
About this roasted charred broccoli
In addition to the amazing flavor that comes from charring broccoli, the other step that makes this dish taste really amazing is grating the garlic over a microplane. Using a microplane for the garlic will shred the garlic and it pulls out all of the juices.
When you are done grating your garlic, you will be left with garlic pulp and this will really flavor the charred broccoli beautifully.
If you do not have a microplane, you can use a cheese grater using the side with those little tiny holes (you know the one that you never knew what that side was for 🙂 This technique works really well on many vegetable dishes.
It will certainly get people to eat more veggies once they try it.
This roasted broccoli recipe is seriously the best broccoli recipe and one that I use often because of its simplicity and great flavors. There are very few ingredients in this broccoli recipe and probably things you may already have on hand.
The ingredients you will need for this oven roasted broccoli recipe are
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Roasting broccoli is the best way to cook broccoli and the flavors in this roasted broccoli recipe can be used for many vegetables. I love oven roasted broccoli but I also love just about any oven roasted vegetables with garlic and lemon added.
Roasted Broccoli is one of my all time favorite veggies (next to Brussel Sprouts which is my favorite!) I have so many broccoli recipes because I think it is such a versatile vegetable.
This roasted broccoli recipe can't get any simpler or more delicious!
More Delicious Side Dish Recipes:
- Italian Peas with Garlic and Fresh Parsley
- Turmeric Potatoes with Preserved Lemon
- Miso Rubbed Broccolini
- Spinach and Mushroom Salad
- Sautéd Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Potato and Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Kale, Carrot and Parmesan Salad
- Roasted Broccoli with Whole Cloves of Garlic
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
- Peas with Pancetta and Shallots
- Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini
Charred Broccoli with Lemon
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 head of broccoli or 1 regular sized bag of broccoli from the store, or 4-5 bunches of baby broccoli
- 2 cloves of garlic grated over a microplane or cheese grater
- 1 lemon zested and then reserved for squeezing juice over top at the end
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, add your broccoli, lemon zest, olive oil and salt
- Grate your garlic over a microplane. This will make a garlic pulp on the back of the microplane so you will need to scoop that off with your fingers after you are done grating and add that over top of your broccoli.
- Now with your hands mix all of this together well so the broccoli is coated with all of the ingredients. It is kind of a gently massage getting all of the garlic and lemon evenly coated on your broccoli.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning your broccoli half way through.
- Your broccoli is ready when it starts to get a char on all the edges of the florets.
- Remove from oven and squeeze your lemon all over the top of the broccoli (making sure to do this through your fingers to catch the seedand gently toss.
- Pour into a serving dish and enjoy!
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here