Roasted cauliflower with tahini dipping sauce is a very easy side dish or light meal that tastes amazing and is good for you! This cauliflower recipe has only a few steps to follow and it goes so well with so many dishes.
About this recipe:
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that can take on so many different flavors. It can be used in so many dishes without it competing or overpowering other ingredients.
It's flavor is very mild and it actually sweetens when it is roasted.
This roasted cauliflower dish, is cooked until the cauliflower is nice and caramelized and there is a homemade tahini dipping sauce that goes with it that is out of this world delicious!
You can opt to just make the roasted cauliflower and not the tahini dipping sauce and it will taste just as amazing this way. I am not a huge fan of vegetables dipped in sauces for a side dish or healthy snack but this is the one exception!
The tahini dipping sauce:
This recipe has a tahini dipping sauce that tastes so amazing. If you are not familiar with tahini, it is a sesame paste that is used in many middle eastern dishes and it is really tasty.
Tahini has a slight bitter flavor out of the package but the ingredients you add to the sauce will work that bitterness right out and make an amazing dip. This tahini sauce can be used on other things like sandwiches, as a dressing or with vegetable platters and is much healthier than some of the alternatives.
Ingredients you will need for this Roasted Cauliflower Recipe:
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Garlic Powder
About the ingredients:
If you choose to make only the roasted cauliflower, you will only need the first three ingredients from the list above. Just follow the recipe below for preparing the cauliflower and the right temperature to get a nice caramelization in the oven.
For a more decadent sauce, you will want to use sour cream. Only a little is needed for this recipe. If you want to keep things light, you can easily substitute Greek yogurt and it will taste just as amazing.
Great Dishes to Serve With This Roasted Cauliflower:
- The Best Juicy Boneless Pork Chops
- Kofta Meatballs
- Chicken Satay without the Skewers
- Grilled Citrus Chicken Skewers
- Pork Chops with Za'atar Cream Sauce
- Easy Dijon Steak Skewers
- Seeded Chicken Schnitzel
Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dipping Sauce
For the cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower cleaned and chopped into large florets
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sprinkle of kosher salt plus more to taste
For Tahini Sauce:
- 1 juice of 1 large lemon or 1 ½ small lemons
- ⅓ cup tahini paste Make sure you stir this well since the oil sits on top much like natural peanut butter. This can be found in the international section of your supermarket
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoon sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add your prepared cauliflower to a large sheet pan and drizzle your olive oil over top then mix it all together.
- Now sprinkle some salt lightly (with your fingers) over all of the cauliflower.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven until it starts to turn lightly golden and caramelize, for about 25-30 minutes.
- While your cauliflower is roasting, grab your container of tahini paste and mix it really well.
- This takes some patience to get the oil on top all mixed in. Once this is done, measure out ⅓ of a cup of tahini paste and add to a medium bowl.
- Now add ⅓ cup of water and whisk it well. Add your lemon juice to the bowl along with the cumin, garlic powder, sour cream and salt and whisk again.
- The tahini sauce should be the consistency of a thicker salad dressing but not too thick. If it is too thick, just add a little more water. If it is too thin, add a bit more tahini paste. Taste for seasoning. If it is still a little bitter, add a bit more lemon juice.
- Serve tahini in small ramekins with a side of cauliflower for individuals or in a large bowl with a spoon for everyone to drizzle tahini over their cauliflower.