This Italian roast beef sandwich is my family's favorite sandwich. These roast beef sandwiches are loaded with Italian pickled vegetables, Italian basil mayonnaise, fresh roast beef, and cheese piled on top of hoagie rolls. They are the perfect no-cook meal!
This Italian roast beef sandwich is an easy Italian sandwich recipe that has just a few ingredients and requires only a little prep work. Most of making this sandwich is just assembly.
I love making these delicious Italian sandwiches along with my Italian potatoes with salsa verde as a complete meal to go during the summer. Easy and big on flavor.
The prep portion of this recipe is the basil mayonnaise which is included below in the recipe. All you need to do is take store-bought mayonnaise and add some diced garlic, lemon, and basil.
I call this Italian mayonnaise my cheater aioli. The rest is smooth sailing from there!
Ingredients to make these Italian sandwiches
- Hoagie Rolls.
- Italian Pickled Veggies called giardiniera. They can be found in either the international section or the pickles section of your grocery store. These are jarred and sealed. Perfect for storing in your pantry to top any sandwich with!
- Muenster Cheese.
- Roast Beef sliced from the deli.
- Italian Basil Mayonnaise (recipe is below.)
That is all folks! This is one of those really great meals to pick up at the grocery store on the way home instead of ordering out.
It would take you 5-10 minutes at the store to grab these items and another 5 minutes or so to put them together at home. It will also be so much better than anything you could order out.
The steps to make these roast beef sandwiches are as easy and simple as the ingredients. I probably do not need to even write it out here but just in case you are not sure, let me show you.
How to make
- Make your flavored mayonnaise by taking store-bought mayonnaise and adding garlic, lemon, and basil.
- Cut your hoagie rolls in half.
- Add your cheese and roast beef to the hoagie rolls.
- Now add copious amounts of your Italian mayonnaise.
- Top with your Italian pickled veggies.
- Place the top of your hoagie roll on your sandwiches.
Super easy. I have to say, I would pay a good bit of money to order a sandwich like this at a deli.
I don't even think it would be that good.
This is seriously a delicious and easy sandwich and one that we love to make around our house. I think you will really enjoy it as well.
What to serve with roast beef sandwiches
If you are looking for pairing ideas for these Italian roast beef sandwiches, here are some of our favorites:
More delicious sandwich ideas
- Pimento Cheese Sandwich
- Easy Philly Cheesesteaks
- Pot Roast Sandwich
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches
Italian Roast Beef Sandwich
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 4 Bulky Rolls
- 1 lb of roast beef try to buy the same day you are using it so it is freshest
- giardiniera (pickled Italian vegetables in a jar) I use Pastene brand Italian pickled vegetables
- ½ lb of Munster cheese
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ a lemon
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 4 basil leaves chopped finely
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, garlic, basil and lemon juice to make your Italian mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Cut your bulky rolls in half
- Place a generous amount of mayonnaise on each bun
- Next add 2 slices of Munster cheese
- Now add a few slices of the roast beef to each bun
- Add 4-6 pieces of the pickled veggies on top of the roast beef. Try to cover the entire top of the sandwich without overlapping with the vegetables.
- Place the bun on top cut in half and ENJOY!!!
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here