This sweet cottage cheese dip is so creamy and luxurious and it makes the perfect dip for fruit and is perfect for entertaining. This creamy dip is made up of just a few ingredients, cottage cheese, honey, vanilla, and a little lemon to add an amazing depth of flavor. This easy cottage cheese dip tastes like it is a guilty treat but it is so healthy and delicious. A winning combination in my book!
You may not believe me when I tell you that if you take whipped cottage cheese and add some honey and vanilla it would be amazing and even a dessert that people prefer to baked goods.
It is true! This simple creamy and delicious cottage cheese dip can definitely rival many desserts and this dip is actually healthy since it is made from cottage cheese and honey as the sweetener.
There are only three ingredients that you need (not including the cottage cheese) to make this delicious fruit dip. I bet you probably already have them on hand.
You will need:
- Cottage cheese
- Vanilla extract
That is it! I love honey as a sweetener but you could totally use maple syrup or monk fruit if you have those on hand. Both are great liquid sweeteners and both keep this fruit dip healthy!
You can make this savory as well if you need a dip for veggies. Just scroll down to the bottom for some more ideas!
How to make cottage cheese dip
Making cottage cheese dip is as easy as adding a few ingredients to a food processor and blending them until smooth. The whole process takes just minutes.
Once you are done whipping up the cottage cheese dip ingredients, you just pour it into a bowl and eat right away. If there are any leftovers (this doesn't happen often) then you can refrigerate the dip for a couple of days.
In our house, this dip only lasts for about an hour.
How To Serve Cottage Cheese Dip
My absolute favorite way to use this cottage cheese dip is with fresh fruit. You can use any fruit that is in season. Fresh fruit however is not the only amazing way to enjoy this dip.
Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy it:
- I love using this top with my goat cheese and strawberry crostini. I replace the goat cheese with this dip and it is so good.
- Spread on toast in the morning for a high-protein breakfast.
- I love adding some of this to my granola cups when I want a sweet snack.
- I like adding in some homemade blackberry puree, nectarine jam or berry jam if I have it. In the Fall, I will add my homemade cranberry sauce or sugared cranberries for a delicious seasonal flavor.
If you prefer a savory dip, just follow the recipe the same except add in your favorite savory additions. A savory dip is great with veggies for dipping! Here are some ideas:
- Fresh herbs
- Olive oil
- Garlic (fresh would be best)
- Grated onion (think onion dip here!)
Get creative. This creamy dip is meant to be simple and delicious. Customize it to your taste and you will see why this easy dip is such a favorite around my house.
The great thing about this dip is that it stores really well. I like to make a large batch at the beginning of the week and store it in the fridge for a quick and healthy snack.
To store this easy dip, just place it in a container with a lid and store in the fridge for up to one week.
More easy dips
If you love this cottage cheese dip, you may also like these:
Simple Cottage Cheese Dip
- 1 food processor
- 11 ounces cottage cheese (try to use 2% or full fat for the best creamy texture.)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 tablespoon honey (plus more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to the food processor.11 ounces cottage cheese, 1 lemon, 2 tablespoon honey, ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix on low speed for 1-2 minutes until it reaches a smooth creamy texture.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor to makes sure there are no more bits of clumpy cottage cheese and blend for a few more seconds.
- Use right away or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!