If I told you you can have an amazing and quick dessert thrown together with things that you already have on hand would you believe me? I am here to tell you that you can! This mixed berry crisp is made with frozen mixed berries, pantry items that I always have on hand (oats, flour and brown sugar) and butter. It is fool proof and so delicious!
This mixed berry crisp is also the best dessert to make for a crowd since you can make large pans of this stuff. This recipe will make enough to fill one 9×11 pan or four very large ramekins. If you need to make this for even more people, you can just double or triple the recipe. I know from experience on this one as I use this for large events!
For special occasions like the holidays, you can assemble all of the ingredients ahead of time and bake it right before you are ready to eat it (see notes in the recipe below) . I hope you give this a try and see why this is my go to dessert for so many events. It also tastes amazing with ice cream or whipped cream.
Why I love this Recipe
- It uses items you most likely have on hand already in the freezer, refrigerator and pantry.
- It can be made for large groups of people with minimal effort.
- It tastes amazing and everyone loves it (it’s a classic!)
- It can be adapted to fruits from any season.
- You can make everything ahead of time and just assemble right before you are ready to bake it
Easy and Delicious Mixed Berry Crisp
- 1 stick of butter cubed and chilled 1/2 cup
- 24 ounce frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup regular sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Grease a 9×11 baking dish (or 4 large ramekins, or 8 regular sized ramekins)
- evenly distribute your berries to your baking dish
- add lemon juice and regular sugar over top of your berries and mix well with a spoon then set aside
- Crumble topping:
- Add all other ingredients (flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and oats) to a large bowl
- Now add your chilled diced butter to the bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, a fork and knife or by rubbing the flour mixture and butter in your hands until it is the size of peas.
- Now evenly spread this mixture over top of your berries
- Bake for about 1 hour or until it is nice and bubbly and the top turns a light golden brown
- Let rest for 10 minutes
- serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream
To make individual crisps ahead of time:Just assemble the crisp ingredients in a large bowl and keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble. When you are ready to bake it, just evenly distribute your frozen berries into containers and then evenly distribute crumble topping over top. Bake as instructed and enjoy.
You May Also Like