Chicken Curry salad is our family’s favorite way to eat chicken salad! It is loaded with curry powder, grapes and almonds to ensure there is nothing boring about this dish. It is super easy to make, great for meal prep and perfect for repurposing any leftover chicken you may have laying around from a previous meal. This recipe is certainly going to be your new go to chicken salad recipe once you try it!
Chicken Curry Salad
- 2 cooked (and cooled) chicken breasts shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonaise more if you like your salad extra creamy
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup red grapes halved any grapes will do
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds lightly toasted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package of bibb or butter lettuce cleaned and dried carefully
- If you are not starting with cooked chicken breasts, place 2 chicken breasts in a 375 degree oven drizzled with a little salt, pepper and olive oil and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool before proceeding to the next step.
- Shred your chicken into small pieces and add to a large bowl
- Now cut your grapes in half lengthwise and add those in
- If your almonds are not toasted already, add them to a small pan over medium heat and lightly toast them (wait until they turn a light brown) stirring often. Let cool
- Add your toasted almonds to your bowl with the chicken and grapes
- add all of your spices and mayonnaise to the bowl and mix well making sure all of your spices are mixed in evenly
- taste for seasoning and add additional salt or curry powder if needed
- prepare your lettuce cups by carefully pulling the lettuce leaves away from the core one at a time making a nice neat stack.
- add a good heaping spoonful of your curry chicken to each piece of lettuce
- place your filled lettuce cups on a large plate and serve immediately