Chicken curry salad is our family's favorite way to make and eat chicken salad! This chicken curry salad recipe is loaded with curry powder, grapes and almonds to ensure there is nothing boring about this dish. It is also my favorite meal prep item for weekday lunches. We serve this curry salad in lettuce cups but it makes a great sandwich as well.
About this chicken curry salad:
This chicken curry salad is easy to make and delicious. The salad is a little sweet and a little salty because it is loaded with flavor from grapes, nuts and curry powder. It makes such a great lunch or a quick meal.
I will often make this or my quick Asian chicken salad for an effortless weeknight meal when there is just no time to fuss over a more elaborate meal. It is also perfect for repurposing any leftover chicken you may have laying around from a previous meal.
This chicken salad is served in lettuce cups but it can easily be made into a curry chicken salad sandwich.
The ingredients you will need to make this recipe are:
- Shredded chicken. You can use store bought rotisserie chicken or shred up cooked chicken breasts.
- Mayonnaise (or greek yogurt if you want to lighten it up)
- Curry powder
- Red grapes. Adding grapes to the chicken curry salad adds a pop of sweetness and freshness and it really makes this salad so delicious.
- Slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper
- Bibb lettuce (or bread if you are making a curry chicken salad sandwich)
Making this Ahead of Time (Meal Prep):
As I mentioned earlier, this makes a wonderful meal prep idea or make ahead dish. I love making a big batch of this on the weekend to have for lunch during the week. I just switch things up each day and eat it over salad, then in a sandwich and then as a side with crackers.
You can make your life easier and buy rotisserie chicken if you are pressed for time and don't want to cook chicken breasts. I use rotisserie chicken for many of my recipes because it is a real time saver! My other favorite dish with rotisserie chicken is my Asian chicken salad. It is really easy and delicious.
Making this Healthier:
My entire family loves this chicken curry salad just the way it is because of all the flavor that comes from the curry, grapes and almonds added in. It really elevates a traditional chicken salad recipe.
If you are looking to cut calories and looking to make a chicken curry salad without mayonnaise, you can definitely substitute Greek Yogurt for the mayonnaise.
More Easy Salad Recipe You May Like:
- Kale, Carrot and Parmesan Salad
- Chopped Kale Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Delicious Bean Salad
- Greek Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Chickpea Salad with Creamy Sriracha Dressing
Chicken Curry Salad
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 cooked (and cooled) chicken breasts shredded
- ¾ cup mayonnaise more if you like your salad extra creamy. You can also substitute Greek Yogurt to make the dish lighter.
- 1-2 tablespoon curry powder start with one tablespoon and add more to taste.
- 1 cup red grapes halved cleaned. any grapes will do
- ½ cup slivered almonds lightly toasted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 package of bibb or butter lettuce cleaned and dried carefully or you can use bread or crackers
- If you are not starting with cooked chicken breasts, place 2 chicken breasts in a 375 degree oven drizzled with a little salt, pepper and olive oil and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool completely then shred your chicken into small pieces and add to a large bowl.2 cooked (and cooled) chicken breasts shredded
- Now cut your grapes in half lengthwise and add those to the bowl.1 cup red grapes halved
- If your almonds are not toasted already, add them to a small pan over medium heat and lightly toast them (wait until they turn a light brown) stirring often. Let cool.½ cup slivered almonds
- Add your toasted almonds to your bowl with the chicken and grapes.
- Add curry powder and mayonnaise to the bowl and mix well making sure all of your spices are mixed in evenly.1-2 tablespoon curry powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Taste for seasoning and add additional salt or curry powder if needed.
- Prepare your lettuce cups by carefully pulling the lettuce leaves away from the core one at a time making a nice neat stack.1 package of bibb or butter lettuce cleaned and dried carefully
- Add a good heaping spoonful of your curry chicken to each piece of lettuce.
- Place your filled lettuce cups on a large plate and serve immediately.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here