Asian Chicken Salad is a repeat favorite in our house because it is so tasty which pleases the clan and it is so easy to make which pleases me! I love this rotisserie chicken salad because it is loaded with so many healthy ingredients and the shredded chicken in this recipe comes from store bought rotisserie chicken making it really easy to make.
The only guilty pleasure in this chicken salad is the dressing but you can adjust that to make it low fat by substituting some of the ingredients. I feel so satisfied after eating this meal and happy that I was able to throw a delicious well balanced meal together in under 10 minutes.
The ingredients you will need for this rotisserie chicken salad are:
- shredded rotisserie chicken (you can also use shredded chicken breast)
- lettuce ( I buy bagged lettuce)
- crunchy chow mein noodles
- oranges or mandarins
- cabbage (I buy coleslaw mix)
- red pepper
- soy sauce
- sour cream
- sesame oil
What makes this Asian chicken salad so easy
Again, to make this Asian chicken salad as easy to make as possible, I use store bought rotisserie chicken and bagged lettuce and cabbage which saves a lot of time. I love using rotisserie chicken because it is such a time saver at meal time.
This rotisserie chicken salad recipe also makes a great addition to your meal prep strategy since it stores well in the refrigerator with the dressing added when you are ready to eat.
This Asian chicken salad can also be made into a wonderful lighter salad by omitting the shredded chicken. You can serve it as a side dish at a BBQ or potluck or just as a light lunch.
It is absolutely delicious that way!
So for those rushed evenings dealing with school activities, work, or just life, this is the meal you want to have for dinner! I love making this recipe and my curry chicken lettuce cups for those busy nights.
I think you will enjoy this recipe as much as we have over the years after you give it a try!
For more quick dinner recipes:
- Miso Glazed Salmon
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Dijon
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Chorizo Tacos
- Pasta with Truffle Cream Sauce and Broccoli
- Asian Noodle Salad
Asian Chicken Salad
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
Ingredients for salad
- 1 rotisserie chicken meat shredded or pulled off the bones
- 1 red pepper sliced
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Crunchy chow mein noodles found in Asian section of grocery store
- 1 large bag/container of mixed lettuce about 16 oz
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix 10-12 oz
- 2 oranges skin removed and divided into their sections. You can use mandarin oranges for this as well. Just double the amount.
Ingredients for dressing
- ½ cup of regular mayonnaise or substitute lowfat mayonaise
- ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil optional
- Water to thin out if necessary
- On a large platter, empty your cole slaw bag and mixed lettuce bag on to the platter, tossing it all together until evenly mixed. Add your sliced peppers and oranges over top of the lettuce.
- Next, place your slivered almonds in a small pan over medium heat for 5 minutes tossing occasionally to get them lightly toasted. Remove from heat let cool.
- For the dressing, in a medium bowl, mix together your Mayonnaise, sour cream (or yogurt), olive oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil (if using this). If the dressing seems too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until it reaches a desired consistency.
- Next, take your cooled almonds, chicken and a large heaping handful of your crunchy chow mein noodles and add that to your salad. Drizzle your salad with a little bit of your dressing.
- Toss the salad lightly.
- Serve the salad with the extra chow mein noodles and remaining dressing on the side.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here