Sometimes simple is just the best and this simple spinach and mushroom salad is no exception! The mushrooms here are soaked for a short bit in lemon water to take that raw flavor away and the dijon dressing just really brings it all together.
This dish will take only 5 minutes to prepare and will definitely be hit with everyone!
Spinach and Mushroom Salad
- 1 bag of pre-washed baby spinach about 8 ounces or 5 big handfuls
- 2 small lemons
- 1 tbsp dijon
- 1 small container of white mushrooms (cleaned) about 5 ounces
- 4 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- fill a medium bowl with 3 cups of water and squeeze 1 lemon into this
- slice your mushrooms and add them into the lemon water bowl and lightly mix and set aside
- in a large salad bowl, add your olive oil, dijon, salt and juice of 1 lemon and whisk until it all comes together
- drain your mushrooms and add them to the bowl along with your baby spinach.
- toss the dressing and your salad together and serve immediately