Well, if you are anything like me you are always looking for that yummy lunch to turn to that takes minimal effort. This quick and delicious crunchy Asian salad is just that!
That something to look forward to mid day that brings you joy just thinking about it.
I love simple and easy dishes that anyone can make and that taste great! I also love meals that I can basically just assemble and they are ready in minutes, taste great and are good for me.
The ingredients you will need to make this easy and quick Asian salad are:
- a bag of shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix)
- Pre-washed and chopped romaine lettuce
- slivered or sliced almonds
- Crunchy wonton noodles (like the kind in the Chinese restaurants)
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- olive oil
This crunchy Asian salad takes 5 minutes (mostly the dressing) and can be assembled ahead of time to have all week long whether at work or at home! Oh and the dressing! It is sooo good! I actually think the lettuce is merely a vehicle to eat this amazing dressing 🙂
The steps to make this Asian Salad are:
- Grab all of your salad ingredients (except your crunchy wonton noodles) and place in a large bowl.
- Mix them well.
- Next make your dressing.
- Pour some of your dressing over your salad and toss to coat.
- Top your salad with the crunchy wonton noodles.
You can make this dish even easier by buying pre-mixed Asian salad lettuce bags at the store but just ditch their dressing 😉 Give this a try and let me know your thoughts!
If you are looking for a delicious Asian style salad that is equally easy to make but more substantial, you may like my Asian chicken salad. It has some of the same ingredients and some new additions and it makes use of store bought rotisserie chicken for added protein. It is delicious!
For more delicious Asian inspired recipes:
Quick and Easy Crunchy Asian Salad
- 8 oz bag of shredded cabbage usually one small bag
- 1 bag chopped romaine lettuce or 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds I buy these in a container already toasted and ready to eat
- 1 package of crunchy wonton noodles.
- Ingredients for dressing:
- 1 cup of mayonnaise or substitute lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil optional
- 1/4 tsp of powdered ginger or freshly grated ginger optional
- Water to thin out if necessary
- On a large platter, empty your cole slaw bag and mixed lettuce bag on to the platter, tossing it all together until evenly mixed. Now add your crunchy wontons.
- Sprinkle your sesame seeds over top.
- Next, place your slivered almonds in a small pan over medium heat for 5 minutes tossing occasionally to get them lightly toasted. Remove from heat let cool.
- For the dressing, in a medium bowl, mix together your Mayonnaise (or low fat plain yogurt), olive oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil (if using this). If the dressing seems to thick, add 1 tbsp of water at a time until it reaches a desired consistency.
- Next, take your cooled almonds and add that to your salad. Drizzle your salad with a little bit (or a lot) of your dressing.
- Serve the salad with the extra chow mein noodles and remaining dressing on the side.