If you are looking for recipes with cranberry juice that can make an easy and delicious cranberry cocktail, then this Vodka citrus and cranberry cocktail recipe is for you. This cranberry cocktail is light, crisp, refreshing and so easy to make. The bonus is it looks beautiful too!
About this refreshing cranberry cocktail
This lemon cranberry cocktail is sort of a hybrid between a lemon drop and a cape cod. This delicious cranberry cocktail is the perfect drink to serve in the Fall and Winter and it couldn't be easier to make.
This easy cocktail takes only a few ingredients and the festive garnish can be made ahead of time. The cranberry garnish is made from sugared cranberries that are really easy to make and of course, totally optional if you are short on time.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Cranberry Juice (for the drink and sugar rim).
- Sugared Cranberries (optional but looks great and is a tasty garnish).
- Sugar (for the frosted rim).
If you have young ones in the house or people who cannot drink alcohol, you can easily make this into a non-alcoholic cranberry cocktail. Just omit the liquor portion of the recipe and add a splash of soda water.
It is very refreshing this way. A great festive drink for all ages.
Notes about the ingredients
To make this lemon cranberry cocktail as easy as possible, I have opted to use lemonade in place of lemons and simple syrup. We also use cranberry juice (for the drink and the rim). You can totally make your own simple syrup from scratch if you have time.
The sugared cranberries are as delicious tasting as they are festive to look at. The cranberries are part of the garnish on top of the drink and they add a pop of sweet and tart when you bite into them.
Tips when making this lemon and cranberry juice cocktail:
- You can make your own simple syrup and add lemon juice to it in place of using store bought lemonade. You can use my basil simple syrup recipe to do this; just omit the basil for a plan simple syrup
- Try to use a good quality vodka that is smooth and not harsh. It will make all the different in the final result of the drink.
- Garnishing the drink with sugared cranberries is totally optional. You can just garnish it with a lemon slice if you are short on time.
Is this cranberry cocktail similar to a cape cod?
A cape cod (or cape codder) is a mix of vodka and cranberry only and it is usually garnished with a lime. This cranberry cocktail adds lemon and sugar to lighten up the drink and to make it even more delicious.
Is this cocktail similar to a lemon drop?
Yes, it is very similar to a lemon drop in that it has vodka and lemon with a touch of sweetener and it is served in a martini glass. The only difference is the addition of the cranberry juice to add a bit more complexity.
More like this
If you love this cranberry cocktail, you may also like these:
More Cocktail Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Vodka and Pear Martini
- Aperol and Soda
- St Germain Gin and Tonic
- Aperol Sangria
- Gin and Chartreuse Cocktail
- Lavender and Chartreuse Sour
- The Miami Vice- A Rhubarb Cocktail
- Aperol and Rhubarb Fizz
- Boozy Baileys Milkshake
- Baileys Martini
- French Gimlet
- Classic Gin Gimlet
Vodka Citrus and Cranberry Cocktail
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 2 ounces Vodka good quality
- 2 ounces Lemonade
- ½ ounce Cranberry Juice
Sugared rim and Garnish
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 ounces Cranberry juice
- sugared cranberries see below in the notes section for the recipe
- lemon peel
- Place a martini glass in the freezer ahead of time if possible. It only needs about 10 minutes.
- Grab 2 plates and in one add 2 ounces of cranberry juice and in the other, your granulated sugar.
- Grab your martini glass and dip the top of it in the cranberry juice.
- Now dip the top into the sugar and set aside.
- See notes below
- In a shaker, add your vodka, cranberry juice, lemonade and ice and shake well for 30 seconds.
- Strain into your sugar rimmed glass.
- Top with the sugared cranberries garnish or a lemon slice.
For the Garnish:If you want to make the garnish like in the picture, the first step is to make the sugared cranberries. These need to be made ahead of time.
For the lemon twist:Cut a slice of lemon. After you have a slice, cut the slice in half into 2 half moons. With a sharp knife cut the pulp section of the lemon slice out. Now twist the remaining lemon rind around your pinky finger for a twist and then place on the edge of your glass.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here