Homemade fudge bars made with coconut cream are my newest obsession! You can call these fudge popsicles, chocolate popsicles or fudgesicles and it is all the same thing and so delicious. These easy creamy fudge bars are dairy free since we use coconut cream and they make the perfect sweet treat for any occasion.
Creamy fudge bars
When it is hot outside, healthy, tasty and cool is what I crave and these homemade fudgesicles are just that. I love making my own fudge bars because they are so much better than store bought.
These homemade fudge bars are creamy and so full of flavor thanks to the coconut milk and good quality cocoa powder. I love that I can control all the ingredients in my homemade popsicles.
With just a few ingredients, you can have these homemade fudge bars made in the morning and frozen and ready to enjoy in the evening. The ingredients are going to be much healthier than what you would buy in the store and you can customize it to suit your needs.
Basically, I consider this popsicle a healthy dessert!
The ingredients you will need
- Coconut cream. This is the solid part at the top of the can of coconut milk.
- Chocolate (I prefer dark chocolate in my chocolate fudge bars but any chocolate will work fine)
- Cocoa powder
- Honey. To make these vegan fudgesicles, you can substitute maple syrup for the honey.
- Kosher salt
- Vanilla extract
- A little milk or water
How to make these coconut milk fudge bars
Making these easy homemade fudgesicles could not be easier. Here are what the steps look like:
- Add chocolate, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, water and coconut cream to a blender.
- Blend on high until everything is combined.
- Pour into your popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours but preferably 12 hours.
Tips For Freezing these chocolate popsicles
When freezing these fudge bars, you can use any popsicle mold you have on hand and just follow the manufacturer's instructions for how high to fill the molds and how to release them. My trick to an easy release of popsicles from their molds is to place the mold (once the popsicles are frozen) into a warm water bath that goes at least half way up the sides.
Just leave it in the water for 5 seconds, test if they are loosening and if not place back in for another 5 seconds. Continue this until they start to release!
Best way to enjoy
I actually enjoy eating these coconut milk fudge bars all year round, not just in the heat. With this chocolate popsicle recipe, there is just the right amount of chocolate and creaminess (from the coconut cream) that really satisfies my sweet tooth.
Anytime that I have a sweets craving I like to reach for these and know that they are not packed with tons of calories.
I alternate between these two things in the summer instead of the alternative, eating ice cream so that I am not filling my body with junk!
Hope you give it a try!
Fudgesicles are more of a popsicle than they are ice cream since there is no dairy in them.
Fudgesicles are a healthy alternative to ice cream, especially if you make your own at home with quality ingredients.
More like this
If you love these creamy homemade fudgesicles, you will also love:
More Easy Dessert Inspiration
- Vanilla Condensed Milk Sauce
- Balsamic Strawberries
- Mixed Berry Sauce
- Cheesecake Bites
- Triple Berry Shortbread Tart
- Mixed Berry Crisp
- Creamy Lemon Bars
- Strawberry Basil Popsicles
Fudge Bars Made with Coconut Milk
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 ¼ cups of coconut cream This is the solid part of the the coconut milk in a can without the coconut water. You can place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator to separate nicely beforehand.
- 4 ounces of milk or water
- 2 ounces of melted chocolate of your choice
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a high speed blender, mix all of your ingredients on high until it is well blended and you see no lumps (about 1-2 minutes on high speed).1 ¼ cups of coconut cream, 4 ounces of milk or water, 2 ounces of melted chocolate of your choice, 4 tablespoon cocoa powder, 2 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour the fudge mixture into your popsicle molds according to manufacturer instructions
- Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours but preferably overnight.
- Remove from mold and enjoy!
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here