Pork chops with a creamy za'atar sauce is a wonderful, easy and tasty recipe that makes a great entertaining dish or regular week night meal. These creamy pork chops are a favorite around here thanks to its quick cooking time and delicious flavor. This pork chops with cream sauce will be a favorite in your house once you try it and see how amazing a quick pork chop dinner can be.
Pork chops with cream sauce
Boneless pork chops are a miracle dish in the kitchen when you are looking for quick meals to prepare. These pork chops with cream sauce brown up in a pan in minutes and go into a very hot oven to finish cooking.
Once the pork chops are done cooking, you let the pork chops rest and whip up the delicious za'atar cream sauce. In total, even with the sauce, it takes no more than 30 minutes to prepare this delicious meal.
Best Pork Chops For This Recipe
This recipe is for boneless pork chops that are quite thick (about ¾ inch). If your pork chops are thinner than this you will need to reduce the cooking time to not over cook the pork.
Over cooked pork is dry and no fun to eat. If you are looking for a bone in pork chops recipe, you should check out our grilled pork chops recipe.
If you do end up overcooking the pork a little bit, don't worry since the sauce will make up for that. This recipe is forgiving for that reason!
The za'atar seasoning for these creamy pork chops
If you are not familiar with Za'atar, it is a middle eastern spice blend that has so many amazing flavors including sumac. It is pretty easy to find this in the local grocery stores now too!
Za'atar seasoning varies as much as homemade pasta sauce recipes. Every region and family will have their own.
Here are the basics parts to this spice blend.
- white sesame seeds
- sometimes chili flakes or other seasonings
I prefer to buy my own za'atar seasoning and not make it. My absolute favorite brand and the one that convinced me this spice was a keeper is the brand I order online from my spice sage.
It really is delicious and balanced making just about everything I put it on taste delicious.
If you are unable to find this spice in your local grocery store, online ordering is a great way to go and is totally worth the effort.
The Cream Sauce for the Pork
This is a creamy pork chops recipe because we know everyone loves a good sauce to dip pork chops in. A boneless pork chop almost seems naked without a delicious creamy sauce!
This cream sauce is actually very light despite the fact that we are using cream. It is only a small amount of cream per serving and the za'atar seasoning flavors it beautifully.
In fact, the cream will tone down the seasoning so if this is your first time using za'atar, this is a perfect recipe to start with.
If you are looking for an amazing way to prepare some boneless pork chops, I definitely recommend giving this za'atar spiced pork chops recipe a try!
More Pork Recipes:
- Pulled Pork Bowl
- Juicy Boneless Pork Chops
- Asian Pork Meatballs
- Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce
- Pork Bolognese
- Pan Seared Boneless Pork Chops
- Pork Kebobs
- Kofta Meatballs
- Baked Pork Tenderloin
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Pulled Pork Side Dishes
Pork Chops with Za'atar Cream Sauce
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- heavy bottom pan that is oven proof
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops the best quality meat you can find
- 2 tablespoon za'atar seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon butter or ghee
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt plus more for the sauce to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper plus more for the sauce to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Now heat a heavy bottom oven proof skillet over medium high heat
- Season your pork chops with salt and pepper4 thick cut boneless pork chops, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add your olive oil to the pre-heated skillet1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add your pork chops to the skillet and sear the pork chops on both sides (about 2 minutes on each side)
- After you sear your pork chops, place them in the oven in the same skillet you seared them in until they are fully cooked (the internal temperature of the chops reach 145 degrees or about 10 minutes)
- When they are done cooking, remove the skillet from the oven. Remove pork chops from the skillet on to a plate and tent with aluminum foil to rest for about 5 minutes.
- While the pork chops are resting, place your skillet back on the stovetop over medium heat
- Add your butter and za'atar seasoning and cook for about 1-2 minutes to bring out the flavors of the za'atar in the butter and making sure to scrape down any bits in the pan into the mixture.2 tablespoon za'atar seasoning, 4 tablespoon butter
- Now add your cream and mix well.½ cup heavy cream
- Cook for about another 1-2 minutes or until the mixture just starts to thicken.
- Place your pork chops nicely on a platter and pour any of the juices from the plate into the skillet and mix well
- Taste for seasoning. Add any salt or pepper that you need (to taste)
- Spoon your za'atar cream mixture over top of your pork
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here