Goat cheese caper and red pepper crostini is the dish you need to make and when you do you will thank me! This easy crostini is topped with a delicious goat cheese spread that is loaded with so much flavor and it couldn't be easier to make.
About these goat cheese crostini:
Crostini is one of my absolute favorite ways to eat so many foods. It can handle almost any flavor combination whether sweet or savory.
This goat cheese crostini recipe is a flavor explosion in your mouth thanks to the saltiness from the capers, the sweetness of the red peppers and the freshness from the herbs and garlic.
The Delicious Goat Cheese Spread for these Crostini:
The goat cheese spread for these crostini can be made ahead of time making it a great party appetizer as well. I love making a big batch of this spread and keeping it in the refrigerator for a quick and tasty lunch.
All I have to do is quickly make the crostini under the broiler and then top it with this wonderful goat cheese spread.
You can also use this delicious goat cheese spread on crackers or as a dip for veggies. It makes a spread to serve guests too.
The ingredients you will need to make the crostini and goat cheese spread:
- goat cheese
- roasted red peppers (I like to buy them in the jar already made!)
- fresh herbs and green onions
- salt and pepper
- bread for your crostini
Additional Ideas to Enjoy this Goat Cheese Appetizer:
This goat cheese appetizer is so easy and requires no cooking if you buy your red peppers already roasted like I did. Perfect for a meal on a hot day or on special occasions.
It can be a goat cheese appetizer as well that you serve before dinner.
I actually like serving this in the summer when it is too hot to cook a big meal but I also serve it at the holidays because of it's red and green festive colors. My favorite way to make this in the summer is to add extra freshness on top with sliced veggies.
You can use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand for this spread. The goat cheese spread really stands up to bold flavors. Just try to find herbs that go well with the capers and red peppers.
If you cannot get your hands on fresh herbs, the capers, garlic and roasted red peppers have enough flavor on their own. I have done this before when I only have these pantry staples around and it tastes just as amazing.
This recipe is for crostini but if you are not into eating bread, Bibb lettuce would be a great base for this goat cheese spread!
Goat Cheese , Caper and Red Pepper Crostini
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 baguette bread
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers found in the Italian section of your grocery. Split your peppers in half since they come whole.
- 1 small log of goat cheese plain at room temperature
- 1 jar of capers drained
- fresh herbs of your choice such as basil, oregeno, parsely diced finely, about 1 tbsp
- 2 tablespoon of finely chopped green onions or chives
- finely diced garlic 1 clove, 1 clove of garlic for making the crostini (left whole)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix together the goat cheese, capers, garlic and fresh herbs.
- Next, slice up your baguette bread into about 1 inch slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place under a broiler until golden brown.
- When golden brown, take out of the oven and repeat on the other side until golden.
- When the bread is done, take a clove of garlic and rub it all over the hot bread to flavor the bread. sprinkle with salt.
- Now, take your crostini and spread the goat cheese mixture on it with a knife.
- When ready to assemble: place a piece of roasted pepper on top large enough to cover your crostini.
- Keep doing this until you have made all of the crostinis.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here